New setup - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
General Rodent Chat Information regarding all rodents or any rodents without their own category.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 01:43 AM Thread Starter
Still Waiting

New setup

So here are some pics of the old bird cage that we transformed into a new rodent cage. I am thinking about getting some new rats to put in there but I am not sure yet. Right now my hamster is in it but I may put some ratties in it. It is not yet complete though. We are planning on maybe putting another level in it and making the top level a full level. Well, here it is!

Top level

bottom level

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rest in peace my sweet babies; Sweetie and Butterz.
You will forever be missed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 02:20 AM
Obsessed with Criss Angel

Gorgeous cage!!

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 08:12 AM
Title Thief Victim

WOW, thats nice! Looks great!!

Carissasaurus Rex

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Will It Ever Change?

uber cool!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 12:12 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

Thats cool! Is that aspen? I would watch your pets with that type of shredded aspen. When I used it the rats got almost like splinters on their skin. Also I would watch the spacing with smaller pets. It looks like there are still some large holes for your pets to get through, especially smaller ones. Rats should be okay.

I don't want to get down on you, but I don't want you to wake up one morning and your pets are gone.

I like those fuzzy things, they look like those mits you wear to wash your car...they look comfy.

*Missy*
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

That is SO nice .
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 06:07 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

ohhh, very nice!!! i have to give you two thumbs up, i like how you added a wire netting around it, where can you find something like that?

i will hold you forever
i will stand beside you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
hold onto me and dont let go
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

VIXEY- March 25, 1994- October 11, 2006 at 10pm
SKRAT- October 21, 2005- January 15, 2007 at 5am
BAXTER- January 30, 2007
I will love you forever, always

Next time we meet again, it will be FOREVER

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Still Waiting

Thank you all, I will post more pictures whenever it is all done but I am not yet finished.
Missy - Thank you, that did not sound like coming down on me at all, just caring I talked to the pet store whenever I first got him and they said that that was a really good bedding to use but maybe I should switch? That was the last of that bedding anyway, so I should go to the store and buy something different so my little hammy does not get hurt I am not done with the levels and stuff yet and I ran out of the wire. I have some more stuff to make it a complete level and then it should be looking really nice. I am patching up the bigger holes for now so he will not be able to get out but I think tomorrow I will go to the store.
I got the wire at Lowes I think, but I have also seen some one time whenever I went to Home Depot. It is very cheap and is an easy way to make sure the little ones do not get out!

Rest in peace my sweet babies; Sweetie and Butterz.
You will forever be missed
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 01:39 PM
Adolescent Pup

Looks cool. Whatever you put in there it should be happy!

My pets!

1 dog ~ Rupert

2 Gpigs~dynimight,Princess

2 hamsters~Chewy,J.J

2 newts ~Suzy,Charm

One tank full of fish
1 platy
2 goldfish
4 fancy guppies
3 delta guppies
3 baby guppies
3 shrimp
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 09:16 AM
Playful Pup

Wow I wish I was your hamster lol.

Jessica!!!

White Raven Rodentry

WRR Rosy x WRR Bean
Babies on the way!!! PM for adoption information.

Girly Meece : Johanna (satin smeeze) , Rosy (LH satin fawn) , Teagan (chocolate tan) , Colida (LH broken black)

meece men : Bean (satin brindle)

Dozer (male parsons russel terrier/manchester terrier)

C.T. (male chihuahua/rat terrier mix)

Goldies Smoochie, Cheesy Poof, Salsa

betta boy Vick

2 snails and 1 pleco
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 10:54 AM
The Title Fairy Was Here

wow great cage

Come see more of my fur babies at
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 01:17 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Very nice set up.

Life's not about how to survive the storm, It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Momma to: 2 human children Audree (2) and Jacob (7 mo.)
3 Doggies: Angel (13), Cricket (1), and Diesel (4mo.)
1 Kitty: Mazey (Age unknown)
2 ferrets - Mocha and Marshall
1 bunny - Ice

Working to make a change, one paw at a time!
Volunteer - Skinny Little Buddy's Rescue
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 01:54 PM
Oily Chickenspew

Tara
Andy-Chinchilla
Jaws & Chomper-Firebellied Toads Senor-Tiger Salamander
Merlin-Crowntail Betta Harry Potter-Mystery Snail

Tags
bird cage, pet store