Ok I need more help - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
General Rodent Chat Information regarding all rodents or any rodents without their own category.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Ok I need more help

Ok I've tryed the cement clibing "sticks" to keep their nails down, They wont kleep still so I can clip their nails, A nail file doesn't seem to work and i'm getting clawed up really bad by the ratties. Does anyone have any Ideas that I Haven't tryed? This works for some of them but I have one girl who's got knifes for toes

My Kids:6
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 5
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 10:06 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Maybe you could take her to a vet and have them clip her nails for you? It's usually very inexpensive .

You could also try putting a stone near the water bottle...that'll also help wear the nails down.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 01:40 PM
laugh often

you can put a brick in the cage if the cage can support it.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 01:30 AM
RAT ADDICT

I use rocks for my rats.It works pretty well.As Stephanie said,a vet can do it for pretty cheap as well.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

I have a rock by their water bottle and my dad had the idea of putting sand paper over the steps of their ladders . I've cliped a few nails.... I wonder how muhc clipping would cost for 13 rats? lol. My one prego. girl just sits and lets me clip *cuddles her* she so good!! and my nazy is ok as well. I've gotten help with dad and I've use some... Momory? boards to try and help as well.
Thnx for all the tips!!

My Kids:6
, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 10:52 AM
Oily Chickenspew

i know sometimes ppl cover a piece of wood with some mild sandpaper and let tehm walk on it, or you can rub their nails against the sandpaper if tehy are ok w/that

Tara
Andy-Chinchilla
Jaws & Chomper-Firebellied Toads Senor-Tiger Salamander
Merlin-Crowntail Betta Harry Potter-Mystery Snail
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Hi, don't know if this is much help but I have a swirmy hamster and when I do hers I wrap her tightly in a towel (with her paws out) so she can't see but can still breathe! and while I hold her I get another person to snip!

Time Spent With Pets Is Never Wasted!

MONTY

MOLLIE

.....BOB

COMET, PLUTO & SANTOS