Paraplegic Chipmunk - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
General Rodent Chat Information regarding all rodents or any rodents without their own category.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Paraplegic Chipmunk

I recently acquired a Partially Paraplegic Chipmunk from a friend whom didnt know how or would be able to care for it. He is very loveable even though wild. Just looking for suggestions on caring for him/her

Has no external wounds but may have a partially broken back as you can feel a gap in the veretbrae.

Please Help

2 rats: Noah & Winston
2 cats Princess, Boodah

Just a rat" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day. I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a rat", but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a man", because I am an animal lover So the next time you hear the phrase "just a rat", just smile -- because they "just don't understand."

Rest in Peace: Rascal (10/17/06) Tigger (2005)

"I have been frosted"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2004, 07:58 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Im a lil mad right now. i told My stepmom about the chipmunk and she said no rodents so if she finds out i actually have him im in deep **** and i know i should have kept my mouth shut. Im gonna try to keep him but keep him hidden as best i can but will still love him as much as i can.

2 cats Princess, Boodah

Just a rat" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day. I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a rat", but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a man", because I am an animal lover So the next time you hear the phrase "just a rat", just smile -- because they "just don't understand."

"I have been frosted"
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-09-2004, 09:35 PM
Playful Pup

Perhaps then, especially with your parents not granting permission to keep him, you should search for a wildlife rehab facility in your area?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Data on 100 species, breeder/rescue/educator directories, classified page, links, and more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-09-2004, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

well i had given him to a Rehab place and i just got a call today that he had died apparently from internal injuries that could have not been prevented or cured.

2 cats Princess, Boodah

"I have been frosted"
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-09-2004, 10:08 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

How sad. I'm sorry that he died. You did everything you could to save him and you should be proud of that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rats have rights...& mice too!