prairie dog or degu - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
General Rodent Chat Information regarding all rodents or any rodents without their own category.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

prairie dog or degu

I have been wanting anew pet adventure. Had strongly been considering a prairie dog, but had some reservations--such as I would have to go out of town to find a vet, I have alot of other animals and wonder how they would get along, worried about the effect of the pd if I took a week long vacation, etc.

Then I noticed the pet shop had degus and I have been ressearching them and they sound like neat little pets. I have almost convinced myself that they might meet my criteria better.

Anyone have advice for me ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 12:20 PM
Newborn Pup

I have a prairie dog and to be honest if your looking for a fun and loving companion, they are wonderful. If you were to leave town for a week defiantly keep someone in mind to care for him while your gone, as they would get lonely and even a lil interaction is great to them. Be careful and make sure the PD knows the person first. PD's can be very picky on who they let around them. Once they attach to one person or family thats about all he or she will want to interact with. There are known to bite strangers and people they don't like or know. They are just like a dog, and they do get along with other pets. They best thing to do is to introduce them at a young age, or slowly if they are older. My PD is great, he can be a lil moody but thats with any pet. mostly when they are tired. If You have any more questions I do what I can to help!

Tags
pd or degu