Spiny Mice - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
General Rodent Chat Information regarding all rodents or any rodents without their own category.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 02:50 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Spiny Mice

Hi, I have rats, owned mice and a guinea pig
But, im interested in Spiny Mice, can anyone give me some solid info and details on them, are they handle-able, Size, Life span, ect, Thatd be greatly appreciated, Thanks

Yours truly, Double.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 05:14 AM
Will It Ever Change?

well, I dont have much time at the moment so I'll add more when I get off work tonight.

I had three spiny girls. Very sweet, very curious, very evil lol

I never ever got them to stop biting. Never. The pet store had them a year. Two sisters and one's brand new baby girl. Store had them on pine, baby died 3 days after I got the 3 of them. Pet store also handled them by the tail, so one sister (the aunt of baby) had no tail at all. Momma had ear scars and fur missing from fighting. I had them 2.5 years, I just couldn't do it anymore. Constant biting. With a treat...cleaning cage...with gloves on, it was unstoppable. I rehomed them to a lady with 4 other spinies, so they could live together.

Basically, they're not very domesticated. They seem to have strong instincts to thing arms are snakes or something. BUT when raised properly, they are very social, intelligent mice. Also if done right, they dont mind being handled but they prefer to scoot around, they're very active! They're a little bigger than fancy mice. live to around 5 years i think.

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan

Tags
rats and mice, rodents, spiny mice