Went to the vet today - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
General Rodent Chat Information regarding all rodents or any rodents without their own category.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

Went to the vet today

I took Martina (gerbil) and Plumita (mouse) to the vet today.

A couple of weeks ago, I came home to find Martina with bloody front paws. I cleaned it, took out everything in their cage, and put medicine on it. It hasn't quite healed yet, and her right paw is still swollen. Vet checked her and she broke her radius/ulna. He didn't prescribed anything for her, as it was healing alright.

Plumita has had respiratory infection symptoms since sunday. I hadn't had the chance to take her before cause I was busy with school. Vet checked her and prescribed Trimethoprim Sulfa for her. She even looks more active after the first dose

Good thing is... I didn't get charged for the visit!!!! Dr. is one of my profs. When I arrived, he was in ruch, having to do a surgery, and several patients waiting. I helped him with the surgery, while his assistant dealed with the clients, and then helped him with the patients and the cleaning afterwards... When we had finished with the clients, he saw my babies, gave me the medicine and told me that he wasn't going to charge me. Good deal, cause I really didn't had anything to do, so I had a good time too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 04:16 PM

Glad to hear they are doing better.
It's so strange how gerbils can just get hurt out of the blue, even if they were in a tank filled with bedding and nothing else LOL...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 06:41 PM

Thumbs up

That's good!

As for me, I bought $3.89 in veggies this morning, but only had 2.25. They guy said to forget it. I didn't save as much as you but it was something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 08:16 PM

Still, that's really nice of the guy to give you the veggies though u didn't have enough.
I get so disapointed in people with all the BS i see/read/hear, and its' nice to hear of good things, people helping out one another and such.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 05:03 AM

Thumbs up

I hear most nice things from animal people!

Tags
respiratory infection