What this *thing* is? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
General Rodent Chat Information regarding all rodents or any rodents without their own category.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

What this *thing* is?

Ok, hi..

I got this cute little fellow for Christmas, but I don't know what it is..
What does it eat, does it drinks water and all these things, so I'm worried..
He is small, grey with a black line going around his back, he has pink little nose and kinda big eyes .. I think it's called L____..
He also likes to stands on his two feets with his hands grouped together, looks pretty funny, like in cartons.. Also have some creepy voice.. Really funny..

Please help, also what does it eats..? Does it drink water? If for example it eats carrot, how much should I give it to him/her on daily basis..

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 07:56 PM
RAT ADDICT

Unfotunatly I am not gonna be able to help you without seeing a picture.Can you please post a picture?

How come the person who gave it to you didn't tell you what it was? Not to sound mean or anything,but that was pretty irresponsible.I mean,the giver should of at least told you what it was,so you could actually do research.Or they should of printed off some info to give you with the animal.

And yes,of course it drinks water.Thats the only question I can answer for you,without knowing what it is.

Please post a picture and then maybe me or someone else here can help you.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 08:02 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I agree with Vanilla_Rat. You should get a picture of it and then I'm sure someone could tell you what it is. I'm guessing maybe a Sugar Glider...? Because of the big eyes, small, grey color, etc. Does it happen to look like this?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Binky; 12-26-2007 at 08:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 08:03 PM
RAT ADDICT

Yeah and also the black stripe.So it may be a glider...but we still need a picture!

* Lisa *

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 08:39 PM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

I was thinking that too but the original poster said it started with a "L". I'm hoping it's not like a Lemur or something..haha

*Missy*
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 01:18 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

That's what I first thought! xD Then I thought maybe a suger glider because whn you say 'glider' you can hear the 'L'. If I didn't know what the heck one was and someone handed it to me and say 'Merry Christmas! It's a ______' I'd probably only hear half of what the person was saying because I'm to stunned to know what's going on.

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 01:56 AM

This post sounds kinda funny to me. Maybe because it's a first time post? Hmmm? I wonder. I need more info. to go on. What do you think? Sounds fishy to me. Silly even.

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 06:59 AM Thread Starter

Whoa, wow that many posts..

The guy who handed it to me, said its name but **** that was fast, all i heard was that it starts with either "L" or "F".. And I was leaving the house, "they" went for grandfather and grandmother..

It's definitely not a Sugar Glider, although he looks really funny.
Lemur don't think so, although I wouldn't mind one..

Now I wanted to take a picture and post it even yesterday, but two batteries for digital camera are down.. So I need to either charge them or buy new ones.. I'll go for charging, once I find where the heck digital camera is .

ps. funny post? rofl..

Hope to post them soon!
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

*The following images are little blurred due to oval shape of the location where *thing* is currently spending his time, and due to his movement speed

.:Images:.

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 12:45 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

A dwarf hamster of some kind? The only type of hamster I've ever owned was a Syerian one, so what 'breed' of it I'm not sure. Maybe when the person said it was a "_____" they said the name of it?

Last edited by Binky; 12-27-2007 at 12:59 PM.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 04:49 PM
is a little "special"

Ohh! Its a Russian Winter White dwarf hamster! You can buy hammie food for them, and you should get him a house of some kind and plenty of things to chew on. I love those little guys, they are a very sweet breed of hamster.

Heres a link for their care: Hamsterific! About hamsters for hamster lovers!

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

He's a cutie

Don't forget to get him a water bottle - all animals need water, no matter what they are

post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 06:00 PM
Will It Ever Change?

could it be a lemming?

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 07:49 PM

It's absolutely adorable! How big is it? And what is it sitting on? Send more pictures when you can And sorry I doubted you . . . Hee hee. I thought you were pulling our legs! I guess I have been around my kids and their pranks this Winter break too long.

Last edited by MzKityLvsBrdsTo; 12-27-2007 at 07:52 PM. Reason: changed smilie - oops!
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 09:20 PM
RAT ADDICT

It's a little dwarf hamster!
He needs some hamster food and fresh water and of course some veggies and fruit.

Do not house him on pine or cedar litter,use either aspen,"carefresh" or Yesterday's News.

* Lisa *

Tags
animal control, dwarf hamster, hamster food, sugar glider