What kind of bedding do you use in your critter cages? - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
General Rodent Chat Information regarding all rodents or any rodents without their own category.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-25-2002, 04:10 PM
Bailey

Ya I know imagine puting your hand into a bag of hay and pulling up that! Or being a piggie and eating it YUCK!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-25-2002, 07:16 PM
showbunny

Piggles you should send a letter or phone the Hartz company. I have had problems like that before and have had to complain and boy they worked fast in responding.Gift certifacates for dog food and more .Still never bought that product again though!
Lately I have had problems with my bales of local Hay.Now you want to here gross well,One bale had a dead rabbit in it !!!!!!!
I was so upset ,here I rescue bunnys and a dead one shows up in there hay. Another two bales had large blackberry branches in it cut me up real bad!
I complained but in this case they were crule about it .They said what do you expect !Oh I was mad !

post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-05-2002, 08:58 PM
Bailey

I've never heard of that which food?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 10:34 AM
sharmon55

I use Aspen bedding in some and have tried corn cob litter in some as well. I am not crazy about the corncob litter so far.
I like pine shavings for odor control but it need to be used with an open cage and plenty of ventilation, I have been told because the pine odor is bad for the respiratory system. The pine scent doesn't seem that strong to me though, not like cedar is.

post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 11:12 PM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

RS have you ever tried the kiln dried pine it is really good and absorbs well.I use American Choice.It is so soft my hamsters just love it.THey can burrow in it really well and all moisture is drawn to the bottom.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-26-2002, 10:51 PM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Quote:
shadow umm.....i was using the cloropyhll shavings and sometimes when my wlamarts are sold out of that i use something like pine or aspen (but never the cedar kind)
This type is not suppose to be good either

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-02-2002, 12:29 AM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Sorry RS I was meaning the chloryphyl.Thanks for clearing that up.Aspen is a good bedding

Tags
corn cob, dog food, dried pine, fancy mice, kiln dried, kiln dried pine, litter box, male mice, pine shavings, wood shavings