What would you say is that best thing about having a critter? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
General Rodent Chat Information regarding all rodents or any rodents without their own category.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

What would you say is that best thing about having a critter?

I would say the sometimes low-maintence way of life, getting to hold them, their oh-so-kissiable bellies, and not having to watch them every second.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 05:07 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

The unconditional love they give you, they don't ask for much but bring so much pleasure and cheer you up when your feeling down as they do some of the cutest things

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Agreed. I totally agree.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 09:41 PM
Stinky Liverbrain

I like the cute things the do and how much intelligent they can be un such small packages... and I find them phisically cute too!

Dimaris

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Me too! Extremely adorable. My rattie girls can do way more things then my cats.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 10:56 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

They love me, and appreciate me no matter what.

Because I was born in the South, I'm a Southerner. If I had been born in the North, the West or the Central Plains, I would be just a human being.
Clyde Edgerton
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2005, 12:01 AM
I Dream of Godzilla

pets tend to establish one's sense of responsibilty and may even help in making one have a more positive outlook in life aside from the fact that merely seeing these critters live their happy life IS actually a joyful and soothing experience

A proud "DAD" to:

A very sweet/loving and affectionate female iguana named LIZ

4 unnamed 12 yrs old turtles...

A Sweet Bassett hound - Labrador mix puppy named Ringo

Lizard owners are SWEET LOVERS...
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2005, 10:12 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

The low-maintenence is great and they don't require as much time as the dogs and other larger pets...but still they give unconditional love and they have so much personality.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 04:37 AM
User Is No Longer Welcome

When they learn to trust you, and bond with you.

The sense of selflessness and responsibility you have for another's life, a life (in the case of rescues) you saved, and I have very many of them.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 08:18 PM
I Own an Egg Pooper

The extreme bond I have with them, and the unconditional love we have for each other. I know I can depend on my animals to make me happy, and they can depend on me to do the same! (hehe, sorry to copy a few of you! all those good answers are taken! )

-Tare

"Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

Proud mom to Halle (dog), Sugar (cat), Tiffany (beta fish), Mango (molly fish), and Macy, Paris, Tessa, & Ruthie (mice).
RIP Kiska... the greatest...
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 08:30 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Ditto to everything

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 08:02 PM
Newborn Pup

The ease of care. How little space they actually need. Their unconditional love for you. They make me laugh and gives me joy when they want to come out and climb all over me. Just petting them makes me feel good.

Heavenly Heart Gerbilty

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-04-2005, 03:47 PM
Adolescent Pup

No squishy poops! They're are more likely to be allowed when you are apartment hunting. And all the other things that have already been said
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 02:36 PM

I love my 2 mice because.....

They're so cute and also I enjoy making little cardboard houses with toilet paper tubes. I make quite elaborate little tunnels. I do this twice a week and it brings out the creative side in me. Then when I put them back in their clean cage with their new set up. They just love it. They run around checking everything out. It gives me such satisfaction to make them happy. I love to figure out what they might like to eat. I like to surprise them with treats. Giving to them like this makes me happy.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 03:25 PM
Part of the Pack

Owning critters definitely brings out the creative side in me too! I love making stuff for them - from everything to custom habitats, cozies, hammocks, toys, houses. It's just plain fun to spoil them like children. All of my critters (chins, gp's and hammies included) are my little furkids. Each one carves a niche in your heart that can never be replaced and it's so rewarding in that sense. I love many things about them and they also make great photo subjects too, because they're all so beautiful!

Last edited by Plummie; 05-05-2005 at 03:27 PM.