Wheel Peace.... - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
General Rodent Chat Information regarding all rodents or any rodents without their own category.

View Poll Results: What kind of wheel do you use for your small animal??
Plastic rung wheel. 3 10.00%
Metal rung or mesh wheel. 11 36.67%
Comfort Wheel. 6 20.00%
Silent Spinner. 2 6.67%
Wodent Wheel. 5 16.67%
Flying Saucer. 3 10.00%
Solid metal wheel from Quality Cage. 3 10.00%
Other: Please specify. 4 13.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 05:39 PM
I Dream of Godzilla

me i personally choose those independent wheels (where you put the lil ones inside) so they could also safely roam around without the fear of escaping. I dont know what its called though. wheels included in quality cages are also good though eventually the lil ones would outgrow them.

A proud "DAD" to:

A very sweet/loving and affectionate female iguana named LIZ

4 unnamed 12 yrs old turtles...

A Sweet Bassett hound - Labrador mix puppy named Ringo

Lizard owners are SWEET LOVERS...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 05:40 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethystbelle
I had one they broke it within a year got it from the same place as the sandhouse and cost me well over £20 for it, i told them not to be so boisterous and some how they managed to break it in half so i have now gone back to the metal rung wheels plus thats all you can seem to find in petshops over here, i have only seen the solid metal ones that once and not seen them anywhere again since
I have seen loads on the internet, but they are all in the US!
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-23-2005, 08:03 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplebunny
I have seen loads on the internet, but they are all in the US!
Thats all i have found since that they mainly are on online US sites but im not getting another anyway but if i do see any anywhere or online i will let you know I go all over going to car shows and camping etc..... so if i see a petshop i often go in as you never know what you might find, often come home with things i can't find around home

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-23-2005, 03:46 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethystbelle
Thats all i have found since that they mainly are on online US sites but im not getting another anyway but if i do see any anywhere or online i will let you know I go all over going to car shows and camping etc..... so if i see a petshop i often go in as you never know what you might find, often come home with things i can't find around home
Thankies that would be great!
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-23-2005, 04:09 PM
PT's Official Law Breaker

Do you have the metal grid ones? Instead of the rungs, they are in little squares.
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-23-2005, 04:12 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine
Do you have the metal grid ones? Instead of the rungs, they are in little squares.
I have the metal rung ones, I have never seen the grid ones here in the UK!
post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-23-2005, 04:20 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine
I have never heard of metal grid wheels, all we can seem to get over here in the UK is the metal rung wheels, theres not that much choice in the petshops unless you travel around and then theres still not many options mainly the choice is between a plastic solid wheel, a metal rung wheel or a plastic rung wheel. I have only ever found a solid metal wheel once and that didn't last very long with my critters

Kirsty

post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-23-2005, 05:26 PM

look at my signature and you'll see Martina standing on a metal mesh one. 8) I like those the best, cause they are pretty safe and can't get chewed to bits.
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-23-2005, 05:43 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aaaagggghhhh yes i can see, should have noticed before as i love that picture as thats one cute gerbil, reminds me of one of mine We can't get them over here though never ever seen one in a petshop yet!

Kirsty

post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-23-2005, 06:17 PM
PT's Official Law Breaker

They are made by Super Pets aren't they Padfoot?

Are there any US companies who sell to the UK? With the exchange rate, the wheel would work out pretty cheap, but shipping might be expensive.
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-23-2005, 06:20 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I think your right its the shipping that makes it expensive as looked into exchange rates once before. We do get super pets products over here but never seen mesh wheels!

Kirsty

post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-23-2005, 06:47 PM

Yes, they are made by super pet... here's a link to petsmart: http://www.petsmart.com/global/produ...=1109205632405
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb Shipping wheels...

Stuff, like wheels and what not can be shipped to other countries. We just shipped a wodent wheel to Germany and SUPRISINGLY it was only about 6 dollars (US) to ship it all the way there. Oddly I sent a CD to a state here in the US right next to me and that was 4 dollars - GO FIGURE! LOL We have tons of used wheels, runged and wire mesh, in many different sizes list on our web page here:http://nygerbil.com/id51.html E-mail us privately if you are interested in any. Best!
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 05:02 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Thanks both of you, i will bare it in mind next time i need a new wheel, thanks once again for the info

Kirsty

post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 08:25 PM

nygerbil,

The two sections of the Silent Spinner wheels seem to get loose after a lot of use. I simply glue them tightly together and therefore mostly solve that issue.

Tags
animal lover, dwarf hamster, dwarf hamsters, level cage, local pet store, pet shop, pet store, rabbit cage, wire cage, wire cages, wire mesh