Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

HELP! My sugar glider might be ILL!

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  TikisFinity 
#1 ·
My sugar gliders eyes are watering and he has diarria i just got him and his name is gizmo....any ideas on what this might be? :bawl:

#2 ·
could be stress related due to the new enviroment. if he stops eating or drinking... or even starts laying around more i would take him into a vet. if it continues for a couple of days (with him eating and drinking) still take him to a vet to be sure.

thats what i would do.
are you sure you are feeding him right? perhaps the diarria is even due to a diet change. do you know if you are feeding it the same thing that the place you got him fed him?

#3 ·
How old is he? How long has he has diorrhea? If longer than 24 hours I would get him to the vet asap for a wellness check. If he has diorrhea (sp?) he can rapidly become dehydrated and that is very serious. What diet are you feeding him? What was he being fed before you got him? Did you purchase him from a breeder?

Sorry for all the questions, but it is hard to give any advice without more info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.