Sick Hamster :( - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Pet Health Concerns Post here if you are in need of a response regarding a pet health question. Medical advice cannot be given, only previous personal experience. (Archived since 5-20-08)
NOTE: THE INFORMATION ON THIS BOARD CAN NEVER BE SUBSTITUTED FOR THE CARE OF A VET. If your pet is ill, call a veterinarian immediately, do not post in this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-14-2004, 01:13 AM Thread Starter

Sick Hamster :(

My hamster has been very sick for the past three days. I checked on her yesterday and she could barely walk, and isn't eating. Her eyes look dry and she can't close them and there is a bit of blood on her bedding. When I picked her up there was some dark stuff under her. (I'm not sure what it was though.) The only thing my hamster seems to be doing right now is breathing. I immedietly took her to the nearest vet today, but they were booked for a while, and didn't take hamsters. All the other vets are too far away, and the weather here is very cold. (-30 - -50) I also don't think I can afford a vet (my parents say it can get very expensive, but i'm not gonna stop trying) Tommorow I will try to call a vet again, and also ask them if there are any medicines available. Can anyone help me or give me tips? It makes me really sad just to look at my hammy, because it looks like it is really suffering. :'(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-15-2004, 06:19 PM

its terrible when a pet is suffering. only thing that you can do is to take it to some vet, some where. does it have diareha? only hamster problem i am knowleged about is wet tail. you can get meds for that at pet stores. sounds like your ham ham may be too far gone. my hamster was acting the same way, but had diareha, come to find out it was wet tail that got too out of hand. sorry about your ham ham.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-15-2004, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

well, thanks for the help. unfortunately she passed away yesterday (valentines!). I couldn't book an appointment for the vet because it was closed on weekends. R.I.P Hammie, you are greatly missed. :'(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 04:35 PM

thats what happend to my rat. died over the weekend because vets are not open
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-20-2004, 12:51 PM

I would encourage you all to find an emergency vet. When I found my regular vet I made her recommend one for me.. most vets have an emergency vet they go through.

Tags
emergency vet, pet store, pet stores, regular vet, wet tail