= ^ _ ^ = New tank update - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Paw Talk's prodicle son .

= ^ _ ^ = New tank update

= ^ _ ^ =

I suppose it has been almost three weeks now since I first set up the tank , filled it with gravel and topped it up to the line with water , I have allready added the chemicals and the internal filters should be doing there thing now with the bacteria that were in the Sera Nitrivec.

I purchased some aquarium plants today and have since put them in , plants like Wisteria , twisted and normal Vallis , Cabomba and the Amazon sword , of course there are many others but unfortunately they never came with a label when I bought them , my landscaping attempt being good has possibly been let down by my random and erratic planting scheme , but maybe thats good . ?

Also this morning I bought a Panda Loach , seems a quite handsom chappie and it was the only one left so I just had to have it , he sat in the puffed up polywotzit bag for at least 3/4 an hour maybe more and he is the first in the tank.

I may add the rest later tonight or maybe in the next couple of days I will have to see how the water clears again , and what happens when Stuart A.K.A reznik come around tonight or tommorow morning.

so things are on the move.

I think the water is clear but there are two different flourescent bulbs and they seem to give the impression the water is cloudy , I have an Eheim Aquaball with a small filter sponge going and the Juwel tanks standard filter system going , if it looks like the tank needs more filtration I have an Eheim Aquaball 2210 at standby.

= ^ _ ^ =

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* sings *

He's in the Jailhouse now , he's in the Jailhouse now , well I told him once or twice .

To stop chewing wood and Pooping nice , he's in the jailhouse now.

Last edited by Toky-Ohki; 11-28-2006 at 09:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 10:05 AM

I keep following everything you post You know I want to see pics when fish are added etc! So be sure to post! Btw,your new aquarium looks very nice! I love it. What is the name for the substrate for plants,do you know? I'm going to start with live plants & Sasami has been a big help in telling me about live plants but i'm not having luck finding substrate at all...
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 10:34 AM

Ooh, so exciting! I want to see pictures too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

= (.) o (.)' =

Pics !!

= ^ . ^#=

Yea ok I will see what I can do , it's looking abit better in there now that the plants have worked themselves free of eachother in the flow , I put Brunel in there too and I had noticed a very small amount of wasting on his fins so I may have to post up a Betta fin care toppy , cant say I have seen the black widows nipping.

= ^ _ ^ =

The Aqua Terrarium or soil as it was called was of the Aqua-collisa brand.

And the grit on top being Monaco 3-5 mm 10 kg bag of the same brand Aqua-Collisa

Hmm ? yes it seems I yam being storked..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* sings *

He's in the Jailhouse now , he's in the Jailhouse now , well I told him once or twice .

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 12:03 PM

Being storked?
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 02:21 PM

im glad your tank is coming along! All this tank talk makes me want to fill my house with them!

Oh, I tried to send you a PM Jonathan, but it says your box it full!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambieruns10
Oh, I tried to send you a PM Jonathan, but it says your box it full!
=(.) ~ (.) = ? ?

Oh !!

Um ok I will take a butchers at it now.

* sings *

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 07:48 PM

where are the pics????

I am really happy for you, and I too am going to get a bigger tank, a 250 I am really happy, but I want to see pics of yours!!!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 12:12 AM
RAT ADDICT

Thats greyt!

Now where are those pics!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

= ^ - ^ =

Well on the way back from Lidl in Beckenham I popped in on Kinfisheries again , now that the new tank is all set up I bought 9 more Neons just to complete the group , I also aquired a mini betta as it were or in other words a Guppy , it's on it's todd and of the blue variety.

The old Bay fronted tank has now been emptied of water and most of the water snails that I can find have been moved to the new tank , of course it's only a matter of time before I have too many and have to give some away or use the pippete and drop the nuclear snail destroying mushroom.

the new Neons look a bit pale so they are most likely stressed at the moment , but I m sure they will settle down soon , there are a couple of tears in the guppie's tail fin but they will heal up soon , the water is completely clear now and all the plants are loose and it look a bit more natural in there.

Also spied a blob of what appears to be snail eggs on the Wisteria I bought , the babies are slowly growing and will soon emerge , they will probably be compltely different to the snails I allready have.

Just a matter of scrubbing the floor now where the old tank was now , and making it sparkle , then I can move the Fig plant back into that corner , if it still has any leaves left on it.

= ^ _ ^ =

And only then..

Pics , pics , pics

* sings *

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 03:00 PM

ROFL
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Aohw god..

* sings *

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 07:41 PM

We really must have pictures Jon. You know we won't leave off until we do.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Aaaahh !!

* sings *

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

He he

* sings *

Tags
bigger tank