10 gal tank, what to stock? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Question 10 gal tank, what to stock?

Ok for those of you who know about my betta (see other thread) I have now down graded him to a 5.5 gal. He does seem to like it more than the 10 and he just had to check out his new plant. He misses the filter but i make up for it when i play with him which is more, now that he is in the living room.

So now I have the 10 gal which still has 5 gals of cycled water in it. I kinda wanted to get 3 female bettas (just in case I wanted to breed Ceaser (my betta) when Im ready. Id keep alot of the female fry (buy a bigger tank) and give away the males (keeping the ones that look like Ceaser, Black with Gold fins) But that I know is a huge undertaking and I would have to find just the right girl for him. (And no I would never use betta fry as live food grrrrr see insane thread lol) Or Should I stock the 10 gal. with 3-5 longfinned danios? Which I saw at petco today they are sooo pretty when they get bigger. Or should I wait till i get a bigger tank? I just don't want to waste the cycled water left in my 10 gal this would be the perfect time to re-start the 10 gal. So any thoughts on what todo with my 10 gal. No guppies lol

Have a nice night all!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hot cup of Joe
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My babies
1 Dog: Huckleberry aka "Stickly Bear"
1 Cat: Kitty aka "Love Muffin"
1 Wolf Spider: JuJuBe "RIP"
1 Betta: Caeser aka "King of the 10 gal kingdom"down graded to 5 gal Kingdom lol
1 Snail: Eddy aka "Goes slow-a-lot"
1 100 gal pond to come....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 12:55 AM
Part of the Pack

Tetras? I hear they are easy to keep.

Pets are always your friend no matter what.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

you could do a mix if you want i have a mix of guppies platies snails and a betta

[/CENTER]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 10:21 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I've always felt that a 10-gallon is too small for danios, they're really active fish and need room to swim.

I would look into tetras (neons especially), cherry barbs, pygmy gouramis, and white cloud minnows .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Oh no....I just bought a 100 gal pondform for my back yard lol this thread should be dropped lol. Thxs guys but my 10 gal tank is getting put away for now i have a pond to set up lol. Yall know I'll be posting a new tread about that one.

Hot cup of Joe

My babies
1 Dog: Huckleberry aka "Stickly Bear"
1 Cat: Kitty aka "Love Muffin"
1 Wolf Spider: JuJuBe "RIP"
1 Betta: Caeser aka "King of the 10 gal kingdom"down graded to 5 gal Kingdom lol
1 Snail: Eddy aka "Goes slow-a-lot"
1 100 gal pond to come....