Photos! 40 Gallon - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2011, 01:40 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

40 Gallon

I purchased a 40 gallon tank off of Craigslist for $28 dollars, and my assumption was that it was just the tank. Well, I got to this woman's house to pick it up and she helps me carry it outside and then bring out a ten gallon tank with 2 large goldfish and then proceeded to tell me the fish came with the tank. I didn't want to leave the poor fish in the 10 gallon so I took them, needless to say I have to buy yet ANOTHER tank just to house these huge goldfish one of which is 5 inches. They have to stay in the 40 gallon till I can find another tank. Why me. I know this is not ideal and I apologize.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2011, 02:49 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Sadly, this happens all the time when people go to pick up a tank off Craigslist/Freecycle . People are so irresponsible.

You shouldn't be the one apologizing, the fish are lucky to have you . Good luck with them.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2011, 05:16 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Thank you. I did find a 120 gallon for $100 so I am calling on it. So hopefully these guys will have a proper sized tank in a few days

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2011, 05:14 PM
she-mayor of Whoville

Wow talk about unexpected! Sorry that you have to get a whole another tank tho. They are pretty Did you name them?

Don't forget my youtube channel: fuzzypixie16
And add me on photobucket: tinypixiexoxo

"A person's a person, no matter how small" - Horton hears a Who

Boo the

Izzie the
Panda Bear the dwarf
Smee the dwarf
Sadi the syrian

R.I.P. Jigglypuff the dwarf
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-01-2012, 02:45 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

No, I haven't named them yet. It was totally unexpected! I was kinda blind sided and shocked lol

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 01:13 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I would be happy you have new companions and pet, just as responsible for them.

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

Visit -
- for fun and tips for pets!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Thank you guys! I have moved the goldfish to a 150 gallon tank and they are much happier with all the room.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Newborn Pup

Good to hear! You guys with huge tanks must have mahoosive houses/apartments cause all I can fit in mine is a simple 65 litre tank (about 16 US gallons I think).
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Lol, yeah my house is pretty big (2 story farm house) My hubby finished our basement so thats where most of the large tanks go.

Tags
40 gallon, fish, tank