The Amazing dissapearing Panda Loach - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 07:26 AM Thread Starter
Paw Talk's prodicle son .

The Amazing dissapearing Panda Loach

= ^ _ ^ =

I woke up this morning to find I had one fish missing in my new tropical tank , I looked everywhere for my tanks biggest fish and it was nowhere to be seen.

The last of three wisteria plants has done what I thought it would and rotted off at the base and started floating around in the tank.

On putting two and two together because my Panda Loach was not in the tank , I immediately considered it being in the Juwel standard filtration system , it took me several minutes to find a torch and I had allready spooned out a Neon tetra from in there.

Just as I thought and after shining the torch into the top of the filtration system there it was , my Panda loach , now all I have to do is get it out , it has all ready come up once but I went to block it's way back down into the filter and it beat me.

I have to make a decision now , wait for it to come up of it's own accord again or take the filtration system apart while he's in there and I dont fancy that too much.

Any tips

He's obviously swum in over the top after grounding himself onto the plastic cover on top of the filter.

= ^ ~ ^ =

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* sings *

He's in the Jailhouse now , he's in the Jailhouse now , well I told him once or twice .

To stop chewing wood and Pooping nice , he's in the jailhouse now.

Last edited by Toky-Ohki; 12-14-2006 at 07:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 05:15 PM

Loaches are great at that! Haven't seen a Panda Loach..they're not the same as a Skunk Botia are they? Or maybe it's what we call the Pakistani Loach over here.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 07:55 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

show us a picture of your panda loach

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i will hold you forever
i will stand beside you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
hold onto me and dont let go
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

VIXEY- March 25, 1994- October 11, 2006 at 10pm
SKRAT- October 21, 2005- January 15, 2007 at 5am
BAXTER- January 30, 2007
I will love you forever, always

Next time we meet again, it will be FOREVER

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Paw Talk's prodicle son .

= ^ _ ^ =

I hve taken a picture of him and it's on my compi , will have to post up whatmy tropical tank looks like so far.

In the end I got fed up with fis getting caught in the standard filtration system , even swimming into it so I went crazy and put a metal ruler to the black mastic holding the filter in.

I cut up my skin pretty bad on the ruler what with the pressure I was putting on the end with my left hand but my hand is almost healed now , it was about a week ago.

there were three black mastic blobs I could'nt get to at the back of the tank and I managed to twist it down and off.

Brunel my betta was very interested in what I was doing through the whole operation , maybe he was being the supervisor and director for all the other fish , maybe he could be an underwater engineer just like his namesake.

I now have an Eheim aquaball 2210 in the rear right corner now.

And WOW !! , I cant believe how much more room there is in that tank now , so much more room for the fish to swi8m around.

= ^ _ ^ =

* sings *

He's in the Jailhouse now , he's in the Jailhouse now , well I told him once or twice .

To stop chewing wood and Pooping nice , he's in the jailhouse now.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 12:41 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

you should def take lots of pics of your tank, i d love to see it!

i will hold you forever
i will stand beside you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
hold onto me and dont let go
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

VIXEY- March 25, 1994- October 11, 2006 at 10pm
SKRAT- October 21, 2005- January 15, 2007 at 5am
BAXTER- January 30, 2007
I will love you forever, always

Next time we meet again, it will be FOREVER