Best way to move 3 aquariums across town? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Question Best way to move 3 aquariums across town?

I am moving and I have one 20 gallon, one 30 gallon, and one 40 gallon. They all have either fish and shrimp or fish and frogs inside of them. What's the best way to move everything and *hopefully* have no one die???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 12:52 AM
Curmudgeon

Two ways that I've used.
One, assuming it's a quick move: Bag the animals and plants. Take the water out of the tanks (I carried much of the water in several 5 gal buckets to ease the restart of the tanks.

The other is to drain all but a couple of inches of water out of the tanks and move them that way. You are more likely to develop leaks with this method, or at least that was my experience. I saved the water I drained out and replaced it when I got there.

It all depends on how your are moving (vehicles, professional movers, etc.). Or you can use a mixture of the above. Good luck.

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 02:13 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I would also prefer the method of draining the tank while the fish and others are in the bags with enough water. Just like how you bought them.

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

Visit -
- for fun and tips for pets!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-07-2012, 12:52 AM
Adolescent Pup

I'd recommend the first method Mygala listed - the second is better suited to repositioning a tank in the same home.

Tags
aquarium advice, moving aquariums