Convicts! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 01:15 AM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Convicts!

I am so happy! I have been wanting convict cichlids for a long time now.I had them before and loved them.However they are usually about $6 and altho I wouldpay it,I rather pay cheaper.I finally found a supplier that sells them for $2 each! Anyway because of what happened recently,I can't bring myself to get another new pet...yet.However in the meantime,it will give me some more time to get a tank set up for them!

Just thought I would share!!Has anyone else had convicts before?

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 02:23 PM

I have not, but good luck!! I think we are going to stay at 2 tanks now. 3 was getting to be too much. I think we are going to make a "small animal area" in the living room instead and move the piggies and the gliders out there.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 06:57 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Nope, I haven't. They are neat but don't interest me enough to keep them. I'd probably only take them if some were being given away.

Good luck with them, though .

And it's funny because after having saltwater fish I now consider $6 to be extremely cheap .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

i have had cichlids before and have had fun bredding them for a time but i did not have or breed convicts.
i know that convicts are very aggressive, but easy to care for and prolific breeders. Not good fish for a community tank of cicihids as they like to harass other tank mates. They need to be kept with fish that can be just as agressive as they are.Thats why they are pretty cheap. If you have a pair they usually will breed quite easily. Have been called the reproducing rabbit of the fish world.lol!

Lve Never Fails

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

I know,I used to have 3 convicts! The female was always laying eggs (I had 2 males and 1 female...which i didn't know at first) and well the males would eat the eggs when the female was not paying attention to her nest.

Cichlids are some of my favorite fish! I want an oscar again soon too!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 08:03 AM

I love Oscars!! I would like a couple of those some day. I would like a cichlid tank someday too just not right now. Maybe once we are both through school and the kids are older ( like a couple of them are out of the house)