Corydoras tank? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Zoo Keeper

Corydoras tank?

After a lot of debating I am at a stand still. I want a new tank for my corydoras but said tank HAS to fit on my current stand. which means they can only have a 24x12 tank.

That leaves only these tanks for options.

15 gal, 20 high or 25 gal... Which would you go with? They all have the same floor space.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 04:12 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

They're in a 35-gallon now, right? Why can't they stay there?

None of those tanks are really appropriate but I guess go with the biggest you possibly can (so the 25-gallon).

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 06:33 PM
Betta Bomb

Or if you want to go as big as you can possibly can regardless or tank perimeter, sell that current tank/stand on kijiji/ craigslist and get a new one (off the same site!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Zoo Keeper

The problem is I am moving into an apartment dont have room for bigger most likely and I got this one off Craiggslist

And they are in the 25 I am trying to start over with it which would mean rehoming Echo and putting the corydoras in another tank though it may be best to rehome them ... if i do not have the space for a proper tank.

And Kodi's tank is a little different that is going on top of a bookshelf I will need anyway cant just throw a 400 lb tank on a bookshelf.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 01:21 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Still the better is look for the biggest one that fits in your place, corydoras love to wander around the tanks all the time.

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit -
- for fun and tips for pets!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Zoo Keeper

yeah we have to move before I can figure out what fits our place lol. If I even still want to keep fish.