Decided to set up my tank - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 04:41 AM Thread Starter
Aspires to Stupidity

This is the best pic I could get and only of one fish, I ran out of patience, lol

Isn't he cool?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 11:05 AM

He's awesome !!!

Wal-Mart (sadly) do say a lot of false things to sell their fish.It's only when I really started to get *into* fish that I pointed out some stuff Wal-Mart was telling people were wrong.
& I started researching more about fishies.
I'm getting neon tetras sometime this week or next week I think! (my aquarium is fully cycled,I'm a Bio Spira junkie I have no patience otherwise ) Then i'll get more plants too.
I can't find watersprite anytime I go there! Then that is all for my 20gallon project .

I think I want to invest in a 50gallon now
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 02:12 PM

I wish my tank was as cool as that!!!
I WANT ONE!!! lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 02:15 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

He's gorgeous! I like a lot of the "sharks".

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyraver
He's awesome !!!

Wal-Mart (sadly) do say a lot of false things to sell their fish.It's only when I really started to get *into* fish that I pointed out some stuff Wal-Mart was telling people were wrong.
& I started researching more about fishies.
I'm getting neon tetras sometime this week or next week I think! (my aquarium is fully cycled,I'm a Bio Spira junkie I have no patience otherwise ) Then i'll get more plants too.
I can't find watersprite anytime I go there! Then that is all for my 20gallon project .

I think I want to invest in a 50gallon now
I would send you water sprite but I have a feeling it'd be confiscated or something . Most of the US betta breeders I know don't ship to Canada because apparently it's pretty tricky.

Maybe water sprite is illegal where you live or something? You could always order online too . Liveaquaria.com sells it.

I used to have sooo much. But now my white clouds have taken to eating it >_<. I still have plenty but there are bite marks on all the leaves, lol.

A 50-gallon, huh? Whatcha gonna put in it? You should do saltwater .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 02:21 PM

wow your tank looks so pretty you did a great job on it
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 02:37 PM

Unhappy not sure they'll send live things to canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasami
He's gorgeous! I like a lot of the "sharks".

I would send you water sprite but I have a feeling it'd be confiscated or something . Most of the US betta breeders I know don't ship to Canada because apparently it's pretty tricky.

Maybe water sprite is illegal where you live or something? You could always order online too . Liveaquaria.com sells it.

I used to have sooo much. But now my white clouds have taken to eating it >_<. I still have plenty but there are bite marks on all the leaves, lol.

A 50-gallon, huh? Whatcha gonna put in it? You should do saltwater .
I'm not sure that site would ship live plants to Canada,I def don't think they ship live aquatic creatures either...so for saltwater,I'd have no luck...unless I went out& caught some wild species next to my house!
But nah,I can't do that,that would be cruel

I was thinking of getting fantails& blackmoors.
I know goldfish (comets I'm talking about) need...20gal per fish? or is it 10gal? I believe 20.
Not sure how things are with fantails& blackmoors.
I have a feeling I'd be maxed out with 4 fish

OH forgot to add,nope watersprite isn't illegal here.I just have no luck finding it

Last edited by candyraver; 05-06-2007 at 02:41 PM.
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyraver
I'm not sure that site would ship live plants to Canada,I def don't think they ship live aquatic creatures either...so for saltwater,I'd have no luck...unless I went out& caught some wild species next to my house!
But nah,I can't do that,that would be cruel

I was thinking of getting fantails& blackmoors.
I know goldfish (comets I'm talking about) need...20gal per fish? or is it 10gal? I believe 20.
Not sure how things are with fantails& blackmoors.
I have a feeling I'd be maxed out with 4 fish

OH forgot to add,nope watersprite isn't illegal here.I just have no luck finding it
Oh, yeah, that's true . You don't have a fish store where you live? How depressing!

Comet goldfish need 20 gallons per fish but bigger is always better. They do best in ponds.

The general rule for fancies is 20-gallons for the first goldfish and an extra 10-gallons for each additional fish. Plus super strong filteration and lots of water changes, lol. I'd get two HOB filters or one canister filter. Preferably rated for larger tanks.

So basically you could keep four goldfish in a 50-gallon . But I bet you could get another if you had a good filter and kept up on water changes.

Aww, I hope you find it some day! Although it sometimes takes over it's a good plant...pretty hard to kill .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 03:15 PM

I had a feeling 4 fish would be the number
Thanks!! I'll definately get good filtration

Tags
bigger tank, cherry barbs, fish food, neon tetras