Double tank stands that are higher up off the ground? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Double tank stands that are higher up off the ground?

Does anyone know if I can buy anywhere a double tank stand or something similar that doesn't have one of the tanks really low to the ground?

I want to organize all my tanks better. I was thinking of getting double tank stands, but all the ones I looked at where made so that one of the tanks would be pretty close to the floor.

We have a very very hyper dog. A really hyper dog, and a glass aquarium filled with water down on his level I think could be a very bad combination. The last thing I need is for his paw or one of his toys to go through the glass of one of my tanks.

Any ideas? I'm thinking of asking my brother if maybe he could make me something, but I thought I'd shop around a bit first before making him go through all the trouble.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

What sizes are the aquariums?

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 01:19 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

I have two 55 gals that are both aquariums. Then I also have two 20 longs, but those house my leos. I also have a 5 gal for my betta.

The 55 gals are pretty heavy - the 20 gals aren't so bad since they aren't full of water.

I'm just looking for ways to organize the tanks better. Right now they are kind of all over the place and I'd like to move them and see if I can find nicer spots for them. If I could find a way for them to take up less space, that would be great, but I'm really nervous that Kitsune will break one of them if I put it too close to the floor.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Could you buy a large aquarium stand (wooden) and put the small tanks in a row?

Another option for the smaller tanks is you might be able to find shelving that will fit them (like a very strong book case). The leopard gecko tanks should be pretty light (compared to a tank filled with water, anyways) and the 5-gallon should be light, too.

I can't see a papillon managing to break an aquarium but I don't like having the tanks that low anyways. It makes them hard to clean.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Yeah I'll have to look into large aquarium stands for the smaller tanks. I didn't think of that, thanks!

But the 55 gals would probably be to heavy for that right?

Kit is big for a papillon, and I wouldn't put any amount of destruction past him lol. He's actually broken a glass tank before! Luckily, nothing was in it at the time, I just had it sitting empty on the floor.

But yeah, just in general, even if it weren't for Kit, I don't really like keeping my tanks down to low.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 04:12 PM
is a little "special"

IDK about the 55 gals, but for the Leos and the Betta you could get a utility shelf. Mine holds a 15 gal aquarium, Dudleys 40 gal, the hermies 20 gal, and the 15 gal Millie used to live in. The pic is kinda old, but you get the point LOL!

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 07:01 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonrain View Post
Yeah I'll have to look into large aquarium stands for the smaller tanks. I didn't think of that, thanks!

But the 55 gals would probably be to heavy for that right?

Kit is big for a papillon, and I wouldn't put any amount of destruction past him lol. He's actually broken a glass tank before! Luckily, nothing was in it at the time, I just had it sitting empty on the floor.

But yeah, just in general, even if it weren't for Kit, I don't really like keeping my tanks down to low.
Yeah, the 55-gallons are going to be too heavy to really mess with. Still, getting the smaller tanks all together should make things look more organized .

~Stephanie