Easy Fish for a Beginner? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Easy Fish for a Beginner?

Hello,

Well my goldfish finally croaked after 10 years and I now have an empty 10-gal tank that needs a new resident. I don't spend a ton of time cleaning/making sure the water is perfect, so an easy keeping fish is best for me. Any recommendations on some lovely lookers that are easy? Oh and it's freshwater, no saltwater nonsense!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 07:52 AM
Adolescent Pup

Well when I saw this thread on the main page the first thing that came to mind of course, were goldfish. They were the first fish we bought our daughter when she was very young, but obviously you've 'been there done that'.
Hmmmm?? While I don't know a lot about fish I have read that zebra fish and tetras are pretty low maintenance, and they get along well together if you wanted some of each.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Where all pets are special!!
(New members welcome and always appreciated!)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pop in and give us a look, and if you like what you see, we'd love to have you join our wonderful community
!!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 02:42 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Hi, I'm not sure if you got a fish yet but I'd recommend a betta fish . They're very hardy and easy to care for. They do require a heater, unlike your goldfish, but other than that, no real extra care. They're gorgeous and come in a lot of varieties, too.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2013, 05:42 PM
Adolescent Pup

I always stop and look at the betta fish in the store and I agree, they are beautiful!!

Where all pets are special!!
(New members welcome and always appreciated!)

Pop in and give us a look, and if you like what you see, we'd love to have you join our wonderful community
!!

Tags
easy, fish, novice