Filter for Beta - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

Filter for Beta

Ok so i've had a beta for about 6 months now, very cute btw...the thing is that i have this nice probably gallon tank but it is so tedious clean with all the little rocks and stuff I was wondering if there is a filter for gallon size tanks. If you know or have a better idea let me know. thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 05:46 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

A filter would be pointless in such a small tank. Most wouldn't even fit properly.

You can keep the betta in there without a filter...they don't do well with filters anyways. Just change the water every week or so.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 07:16 AM Thread Starter

Ok thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 01:08 PM

Yes,there Is A Filter Mad For 1 Gallon Tank/fish Bowl,it Is Always A Good Idea To Have Some Kind Of Filter In Any Living Aquictic Enviroment.!!!!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

can i get it at any pet store?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 01:22 PM

yes,any pet store would have them or be able to get them.Have the measurements of your tank so they can get you what you need.Also there is a filter made for reptiles....that can be used.good luck
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 02:37 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggypaws
Yes,there Is A Filter Mad For 1 Gallon Tank/fish Bowl,it Is Always A Good Idea To Have Some Kind Of Filter In Any Living Aquictic Enviroment.!!!!
Not in a betta tank. Betta tanks are small and therefore aren't cycled. Filters are absolutely pointless in an uncycled tank. Also, bettas like still, quiet water and filters create a current. This also prevents the betta from building a bubblenest with is frusterating to the fish.

Yes, there are filters made for small tanks but they really don't do much and will stress out your betta.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 09:24 AM

Some Of What You Say Is True Sasami But You Must Concider Some Of The Factors In The First Thing That Smilingrl19 Wrote.i Have 30 Years In The Buisness,so Don't Be So Guick To Down My Advice.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 11:23 AM

i am definally not arguing. but if you get a filter with a very low current and have a 5 or 10 gal tank... why not.
of course if betta freaks out you can always turn the filter off and forget about it.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 05:28 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggypaws
Some Of What You Say Is True Sasami But You Must Concider Some Of The Factors In The First Thing That Smilingrl19 Wrote.i Have 30 Years In The Buisness,so Don't Be So Guick To Down My Advice.
I'm not going against your advice, I'm simply stating that bettas are different from other fish and don't like currents.

And in a one gallon tank a filter will not replace regular water changes so I don't see the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratty_ratkins
i am definally not arguing. but if you get a filter with a very low current and have a 5 or 10 gal tank... why not.
of course if betta freaks out you can always turn the filter off and forget about it.
That's true, but smilingrl19 said she had a 1-gallon tank so you couldn't do that . In 5-gallons or larger it's usually fine.

~Stephanie

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 07:30 AM

oh sorry. i didnt see she said a 1 gal.
dont filter that....
seriously i wouldnt.

Tags
pet store