fish babies - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

fish babies

As you all know we rehomed several fish, one of them was the mom to all the darn babies...well today we have 15 new babies lol. I honestly have no clue which one had them this time lol I can not seem to find them all homes, and we keep trying to sort them by sexes, but obviosly we were wrong.

The babies are very cute, all of them are orange this time, my other mam had alot of black ones, I just wish more people wanted Mollies lol, and not as food, just cause theya re so adorable...I so need a bigger tank now, big time...I so wish there was fishy birth control.

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 11:16 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

You might not have been wrong in sexing them...females can actually store sperm from previous matings. So if one of your females had mated a couple times before being separated from the males, she can keep giving birth even months later.

But if you need help sexing them, I'd be glad to help if you can get pictures . The babies sound cute, good luck with them!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

thank you so much...I do love all the babies, and I am so attatched to the fish, just wish they would stop having wee ones for awhile lol. We found a home for 9 of them, they will go in a week, none of the new babies because they are not ready, but from the past 2 batches, I will try to get some pictures, they are so hard to photograph, they see a person and go nuts wanting food lol

Some of the babies didn't make it, I guess the other fish got to them, so there are only 7 babies, but they are all so cute, all orange, some with a tad bit of black, the pet store said I can post a sign there to try and find them homes, funny how 2 fish started all of this, we had 2 mollies, and Orange and a black, Drakina and Joshika (ash thought they were boys and named them drake and josh lol so she changed it a little), and now there are well over 30...Ken keeps telling me to put some in with Cappy (goldfish) for room, but I worry they would hurt my beautiful cappy (hes an oranda) so I will never add another fish to his tank lol...we are gonna try and buy another 20 gallon...I guess them having all these babies lets me know I must be doing something right cause they all thrive and are so darn cute lol

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

Tags
ahhhhhhhh