Fish Pictures - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Fish Pictures

I attempted to get some pictures of the 10-gallon and 5-gallon. Very few came out because the fish wouldn't stay still .

Anyways, here they are...

The 10-gallon (the red fishie is Romeo, my betta) :

The 5-gallon:

The 5-gallon again...the fish you can see in the front is Ruby Moon:

Guppies:

Look closely and you can see one of my ghost shrimp hiding:

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 08:57 PM

Nice pictures! I LOVE ghost shrimp, unfourtunatly my goldfish think they are snacks so I don't have any right now.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Thanks!!

I love ghost shrimp too...they are so fun to watch! I was so happy when I could finally get some. I could never have them in the smaller tanks because the bettas could eat them and in the 10-gallon the cory cats would have eaten them too. Luckily the guppies leave them alone.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 08:24 AM

brill pics sasami!!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Thanks!

~Stephanie

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 10:32 PM

You took some really good pictures!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Thank you .

~Stephanie

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2006, 07:14 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Nice tanks, nicely set up. I need to work on mine.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2006, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Thank you!

~Stephanie

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 08:10 AM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Your tanks look so nice! I think we are heading towards two fish tanks this winter. We currently have a 30 long for the fish and it is way too small. Now that we have 5 goldfish and 2 fancy tails I am thinking of adding a 40 gallon tank. I can keep 3 in one and 4 in the other, right? That is the rule of thumb isn't it? 10 gallons per fish? I don't feel like having that many tanks (we also have the turtle tank) but I am not sure I want a huge tank either.
Any suggestions? Does anyone think that one big tank would be easier than 2 small tanks?

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 09:13 AM

Actually for Goldfish its 20 gallons at least per fish. Since they get very big and are pretty dirty fish, the bigger the better. At least if you get another tank it would be an improvement. Are the 5 goldfish just regular comet type? Maybe you could build them a pond someday. How big are they?
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 09:47 AM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

20 gallons per fish! Oh no! Oh well i guess we are going to have to figure something out. They are the regular old goldfish type of goldfish.
We do have a pond and they summer out back but it's not deep enough for them to winter over. We had lost all of our fishes the first year. So the fish and the turtle summer in the yard and have thier winter homes inside.
They are getting pretty big now. This is our third summer with Momma and Poppa fish. This is the second summer with the babies. I keep telling them that they are not to have any more babies but I doubt they will listen. They had at least one in the tank over the winter! Unfortunately he "disappeared". Not sure what really happened. He was still pretty small when we found him. Well any babies this summer are going to be given up for adoption! I just cannot handle any more. We are too attached to the ones we have. We had some near misses with loosing them. I cannot handle the stress of having anymore. I thought fish were relaxing!
Thanks for letting me know about the 20 gallon rule. it may be easier to dig the pond deeper! We plan on doing that when the liner goes. Maybe I will let my husband talk me into second pond if it is much much deeper. No water fall or stream this time though!
Soon there will be no more grass in the yard. All putting green, patio and pond!!

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny

Tags
cory cats, fish tank, ghost shrimp