Fish Pictures! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Fish Pictures!

I took some pictures of my fish today...or at least some of them. My acrylic tank appears to be a little scratched and dusty (even though I just dusted it?) so some of the pictures might not look so great.

Valentino and a platy:

Platies:

"Talk to the fin!"

All four tankmates:

Sid, my leopard cory cat, zooming around:

Neon tetras (including my albino) :

I'll see if I can get pics of the other fishies this weekend or something.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 11:48 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Thumbs up

aaawwwww fishies!! I love your fishies! They get along so well....looks like they love each other ..They look very happy and well cared for. Good job!

Lve Never Fails

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Thank you!!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 08:17 PM

They're so pretty!
My tank is full of baby swordtails and a bristlenose sucker thing that I haven't seen in months. I want to get some kuhlis and cory's, but it's overcrowded at the moment.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 05:37 AM
Paw Talk's prodicle son .

Quite a nice selection of fishes you have there Steph = ^ _ ^ =

Your Betta is realy handsom , has quite a pale head , my brunel does'nt have that.

That Albino Neon Tetra was a cutie and the platies are very colourfull , at least you can get still pictures of your fish , my camera has a hard time doing that , I usualy end up with streaks of colour with eyes.

* sings *

He's in the Jailhouse now , he's in the Jailhouse now , well I told him once or twice .

To stop chewing wood and Pooping nice , he's in the jailhouse now.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 03:18 PM

Those are very nice looking fish!
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Thanks, everyone! I should take updated pictures of the aquariums...in the last few weeks I've switched things around a bit and got new plants . I have a couple of small tanks with single bettas too that I never really photograph...

I'm planning a marine aquarium but that won't be set up until late winter and won't even have fish until spring .

~Stephanie

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasami
Thanks, everyone! I should take updated pictures of the aquariums...in the last few weeks I've switched things around a bit and got new plants . I have a couple of small tanks with single bettas too that I never really photograph...

I'm planning a marine aquarium but that won't be set up until late winter and won't even have fish until spring .
we have had a marine tank for almost two years now and the best piece of advice i could offer is PATIENCE!! we got impatient and ended up losing a few fish all right in a row and almost gave up. let it cycle and then cycle some more before putting any fish in there and then when you are ready start with damsels. i am so glad we stuck with it cause it's like our little piece of the ocean and i am sure you will love it.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara8
we have had a marine tank for almost two years now and the best piece of advice i could offer is PATIENCE!! we got impatient and ended up losing a few fish all right in a row and almost gave up. let it cycle and then cycle some more before putting any fish in there and then when you are ready start with damsels. i am so glad we stuck with it cause it's like our little piece of the ocean and i am sure you will love it.
Yup, the hardest part will definately be waiting for it to cycle . I think I can do it, though. Plus, considering how expensive everything is I will probably have to wait a while before I could even afford fish . I won't be doing damsels...they're too mean and I'm doing a reef tank .

~Stephanie

post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Yup, the hardest part will definately be waiting for it to cycle . I think I can do it, though. Plus, considering how expensive everything is I will probably have to wait a while before I could even afford fish . I won't be doing damsels...they're too mean and I'm doing a reef tank .
we have a reef tank too and everyone told us that damsels are sooo terretorial that we were scared away from them and started with a yellow tang. we lost 3 of those and that's when we got so frustrated. we now have 4 damsels a yellow tang 2 false percula clowns, a saddleback clown, and a pajama cardinal and everyone gets along really well, even the damsels. there are so many varieties of just gorgeous damsels and they are basically all very affordable. most of your starter fish are pretty reasonable, expensive compared to most fresh but still not horrible. i understand the money thing though believe me. what size tank are you looking at? i may help you figure out equipment i you would like. we had to find out by trial and error which can get quite costly.
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
we have a reef tank too and everyone told us that damsels are sooo terretorial that we were scared away from them and started with a yellow tang. we lost 3 of those and that's when we got so frustrated. we now have 4 damsels a yellow tang 2 false percula clowns, a saddleback clown, and a pajama cardinal and everyone gets along really well, even the damsels. there are so many varieties of just gorgeous damsels and they are basically all very affordable. most of your starter fish are pretty reasonable, expensive compared to most fresh but still not horrible. i understand the money thing though believe me. what size tank are you looking at? i may help you figure out equipment i you would like. we had to find out by trial and error which can get quite costly.
I'm looking into a tank between 40 and 50 gallons. I think the first fish I'll put in will be a neon goby and then a couple of percula clowns once I'm sure everything is stable. I'm too worried about having damsels nip at my corals...but I'm planning a small saltwater tank on the side that will have a yellowtail damsel because I like those .

As far as equipment I already know what I want but I'd love to hear what you have. I want a Fluval or Eheim canister filter, a Prizm protein skimmer, a Marineland heater (can't remember the exact name but I already have one and love it), some sort of powerhead (not sure what brand yet...they're all mostly the same), Dual Satellite Compact Flourescent lighting, and other things I'm most likely forgetting right now .

~Stephanie

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 09:17 PM

we have a 40gal tank, we have a red sea prizm protein skimmer, 2 powerheads, not sure what brand heater and are buying a new powercompact light next week, it will have blue and white bulbs plus moon lighting. i am glad someone told you to buy a protein skimmer cause we started with a skilter and what a mistake!! anyway good luck with your tank, it will be nice to have someone to talk to about salt tanks there doesn't seem to be many people with them on this forum. my husband does all of the maintenance on ours he even mixes his own water and it is doing really well now.

post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
we have a 40gal tank, we have a red sea prizm protein skimmer, 2 powerheads, not sure what brand heater and are buying a new powercompact light next week, it will have blue and white bulbs plus moon lighting. i am glad someone told you to buy a protein skimmer cause we started with a skilter and what a mistake!! anyway good luck with your tank, it will be nice to have someone to talk to about salt tanks there doesn't seem to be many people with them on this forum. my husband does all of the maintenance on ours he even mixes his own water and it is doing really well now.

Yeah, I looked at the Skilters but someone told me they weren't that great and said it would be better to get a canister filter and a seperate skimmer. The light fixture I'm getting has moonlighting and everything too...I'm pretty excited .

Do you have any pictures of your tank?

~Stephanie

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I looked at the Skilters but someone told me they weren't that great and said it would be better to get a canister filter and a seperate skimmer. The light fixture I'm getting has moonlighting and everything too...I'm pretty excited .

Do you have any pictures of your tank?
yeah i have a ton of pics i just can't figure out how to post them. this could be my computer too--we ended up with a bunch of viruses and now it isn't working right. the moonlighting is awesome i think it's my favorite.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
yeah i have a ton of pics i just can't figure out how to post them. this could be my computer too--we ended up with a bunch of viruses and now it isn't working right. the moonlighting is awesome i think it's my favorite.
Are the pictures uploaded onto Photobucket or something? Maybe I can help .

~Stephanie

Tags
neon tetras