Fungus!!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

Fungus!!!!

Yesterday morning when I fed the fish and just watched them ( I do so all day long lol) they all looked healthy and were going crazy for their food like always...then yesterday evening we noticed something on my beautiful teaquila sunrise guppy, some type of fungus. So we took off right away for meds, we got home and did a half water change and then added the meds, but I guess it was to late for my poor guppy...we were told by the vet to do it the way we did, I don't know if it was just to late to save it or if I did something wrong, but it breaks my heart.

I am hoping we got it all in time to save everyone else in there, none are showing any signs of it so far, I just am so worried now for the babies and the frog, and my handsome placotumuses (they are so big) I have never delt with this before, scared the mess out of me...I hope the medicine works and no one else gets sick

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 06:33 PM
is a little "special"

It sounds like you did everything right.
Fish are super sensitive littl ethings, and you did your best, so its probably not your fault! I hope the rest of your fishies are OK!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 04:20 AM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

So far all og the fish look great, the frog is still active, the babies are still adorable, so far so good.

I don't think I have stopped watching them since, I worry about them...I mean I am sure babu=ies have to be super sensitive, so that scares me, then the frogs are so delicate...I know I am just a worrier, but man its so hard watching the things you love get sick and pass away...its so hard.

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 04:42 AM
Jird Jostler

Ohh wow you have a frog in your tank ?? We used to have crabs in our tank but they all kept escaping. =]

I'm Georgia,
I drive like a rally driver.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 05:21 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I'm sorry for your loss .

What medication are you using? African dwarf frogs can be very sensitive to certain medications.

I would definitely do a lot of water changes over the next week to make sure no one else ends up infected.

Good luck .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

We are using Fungus Clear. We only treated it the once and for now thats all we will be doing. We have done partial water changes every day to make sure the frog is ok...we are considering moving him to a different tank till tings are better, but are worried he may give the fungus to the other tank. So far no other fish has any signs, they all look great, and the babies are doing so good, they have gotten huge in the last few days. I know all the fish by sight so I make sure to check each one for any signs of fungus or distress...I am so worried I may loose more fish, and since my frog is over a year old I do worry about him alot.

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

Update:

All looks well still...all fish look very healthy and are very active and the frog has a very healthy appetite and is really active lol...I think things may start to go well in that tank, I am still sad over the loss, but I am glad we caught it in time and that all looks well in my tank

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 08:21 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDancer View Post
Update:

All looks well still...all fish look very healthy and are very active and the frog has a very healthy appetite and is really active lol...I think things may start to go well in that tank, I am still sad over the loss, but I am glad we caught it in time and that all looks well in my tank
That's great to hear . You maintain that tank really well so I'm not surprised.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."