is this a goldfish? - Page 5 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 02:19 PM

awww shame

I cant believe someone would do this, after they joined this lovely site and got kind replies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachx
awww shame

I cant believe someone would do this, after they joined this lovely site and got kind replies!
Enough is enough please stop ganging up on mebril, This is not a school yard this is a place for advice and for us all to share stories and pictures of our animals. Instead of giving mebril a hard time go stick it up the people who make the crap, You have all said what you have to say now I think Its Enough... As rachx quoted this is a lovely site but i just don't think that the people are being very nice you have 10 people slagging on person out with something she thought was right.
post #63 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikky
Enough is enough please stop ganging up on mebril, This is not a school yard this is a place for advice and for us all to share stories and pictures of our animals. Instead of giving mebril a hard time go stick it up the people who make the crap, You have all said what you have to say now I think Its Enough... As rachx quoted this is a lovely site but i just don't think that the people are being very nice you have 10 people slagging on person out with something she thought was right.

we have given advice but its ultimatly up to her to decide whats best for her situation.
Read post # 38.
Im sure she loves her fishie.
Enough is enough i agree

Lve Never Fails

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 11:47 AM

Yeh sorry
I agree with you two now!!!

I am off to enjoy this site now!!!!!

I was quitew upset when i made my posts because of some things mainly cos at the time my cat was ill and everything so i was worried

I dont even know why i read this post either ???

Hopefully we havent drove the person off here!!!

And about the school yard, i never have done anything mean like that at school but have seen it and you are right it is like that and im sorry but i think it had to come out for me, i think that was the first time i have been mean to anyone other than my sister, and with my sister, i am joking!

Huge sorry and hugs to you!!!!

Sorry

Rachel x
post #65 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 11:56 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

thats fine Rachx and very nice of you to apologize and be understanding.

we havent driven her off...lol...she is still very much around. She is a very nice person...and just choosing to do whats best for the situation she has.

I hope your cats illness and troubles are okay now.

Lve Never Fails

post #66 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 12:14 PM

i feel really really really really bad now!!!

But i feel better for apologizing and glad she is still around!

Cat is doing fine now but had an op (i have a post for that though) and i want to say that the goldfish of hers is lovely and does look happy!!!

Sorry again!
Rachx
post #67 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 02:33 PM

I have no idea! They sell fish at Walmart!?!?!?!? Oh gosh........
post #68 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 03:26 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

..buy fish at your own risk at walmart..they dont seem to care or know what they are doing..at least thats what i see usually.

Lve Never Fails

post #69 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 01:07 AM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnature
..buy fish at your own risk at walmart..they dont seem to care or know what they are doing..at least thats what i see usually.
Yep,they don't care.I have seen the conditions and we have talked to the manager,but nothing really has been done.

I have bought fish from Wal-Mart at my own risk and have had quite some luck with them! So thats good!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #70 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 01:09 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

..im sure its cuz your a good fish mommy

Lve Never Fails

post #71 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 01:17 AM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnature
..im sure its cuz your a good fish mommy
Awww...thanks!

* Lisa *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #72 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skratikans View Post
you know, a twenty would be even better and would cost 30bucks...if i ever get one i would use at least a 20 with a well working filter, when i fist had goldfish, i had only two years back and i had them in a ten, i changed the tank very often and the fish were fine, till one day they were gulping for air, i did not have a filter at the time, but now i wonder what was the cause of their gulping and eventual death? my theory is that there was not enough oxygen in the tank, perhaps a filter would of been the way to go since it could mix fresh o2 into the tank, however im still not sure what the real cause of death was? ammonia levels were low...any guesses?
Where is it that everyone can get those 20 gallon tanks for thirty bucks? I've been to petcetera and walmart and at the first, a ten gallon cost 60 bucks and at walmart the 10 gallon cost around forty. I didn't even look at the twenties as they would've undoubtedly been much more expensive. I want to get a good tank for my two goldfish but I'm broke and my parents aren't willing to pay for more than the food and the aquarium salt (it's not fair as originally i wasn't even the one who bought the fish...i always end up being the one to take care of the pets ). I haven't found a decent tank (10 gal) for less than forty dollars anywhere near me (except one second hand one in an ad in the classifieds but it was sold out unfortunately). Maybe its because I live in Canada and you guys are talking about US prices? Any Ontarians who know of a reliable store where someone on a tight budget can get a good tank (filter, pump, etc.)?
post #73 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 12:08 AM
RAT ADDICT

I am Canadian too.I have seen some sweet deals on tanks in local newspapers and also used furniture stores.

* Lisa *

post #74 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 02:10 AM

This is off topic but once I had a silver goldfish and after a year or so it turned gold
post #75 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 01:08 PM
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm27 View Post
Where is it that everyone can get those 20 gallon tanks for thirty bucks? I've been to petcetera and walmart and at the first, a ten gallon cost 60 bucks and at walmart the 10 gallon cost around forty. I didn't even look at the twenties as they would've undoubtedly been much more expensive. I want to get a good tank for my two goldfish but I'm broke and my parents aren't willing to pay for more than the food and the aquarium salt (it's not fair as originally i wasn't even the one who bought the fish...i always end up being the one to take care of the pets ). I haven't found a decent tank (10 gal) for less than forty dollars anywhere near me (except one second hand one in an ad in the classifieds but it was sold out unfortunately). Maybe its because I live in Canada and you guys are talking about US prices? Any Ontarians who know of a reliable store where someone on a tight budget can get a good tank (filter, pump, etc.)?
I pretty much have the exact same situation as you do, my mother out of no where this weekend decided that we need to get some fish to get for my 2 gallon tank thats been sitting down stairs empty for a while now, the reason why it has been empty is because I was waiting to get a Male Betta some time soon. She got three huge goldfish and now two of them are in a fairly large glass bowl in our living room and one of them is in my 2 gal. tank down stairs...the poor thing has barely moved around the tank because he is such a large guy in such a tiny space. I feel totally awful because this was not even something I wanted to do myself, it was my mother. And I know that when I go out to find a new tank she is going give me crap about how its a feeder fish and we saved him and how he dosn't need anything bigger.
I think that is just cruel to do to an animal though! and since it is going to be my money that will pay for this new tank there is really not much she can say about it. But I wish there was something I could do for the two up stairs. But they are techincally hers and I can't really force her to do anything with her own fish. I just wish they had been trust upon me like this. When she said we need to find some fish to put in the 2 gal. I thought we were going to get some little teteras for it...those would have been perfect for a tank that size not a huge Goldfish..and espically not three of them!
Like you also I am on very limited budget and will not be able to get anything to nice for them any time soon. Espically from any big store. I will have to keep an eye out for inexpensive 10.gal tanks in the newspaper.

Tags
aquarium salt, bigger tank, doing fine, fish tank, gold fish, male betta, pet store, pet stores