Photos! Got my betta boy ;) (name suggestions?) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
the rodent lover<3

Got my betta boy ;) (name suggestions?)

He's so cute. I don't know what to name him though.
He's a very active fish, which makes me proud. I woke up this morning (got him yesterday) and he circled the surface waiting for breakfast
his tank water is cloudy in the pictures, I have to fix that, i'm thinking it's the new gravel.
Any name suggestions? I was thinking about Azul, which is blue in Spanish.
Here's pictures!

my name is Jonni,
i'm weird for making my username
Angelica
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~ one Betta, unnamed as of now ~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 10:59 AM
is a little "special"

Aww, he's pretty! My last betta was named Azure (I think that's how you spell it?). It's supposed to mean blue, but it's English LOL!

Is the tank cycled well? Once I mess up my water by adding water from my other tank with out adding Cycle, and it made the water all cloudy like that. It won't hurt the fish, just looks ugly. I think adding extra carbon to the filter helps, and I got this stuff called AquaClear too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
the rodent lover&lt;3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Aww, he's pretty! My last betta was named Azure (I think that's how you spell it?). It's supposed to mean blue, but it's English LOL!

Is the tank cycled well? Once I mess up my water by adding water from my other tank with out adding Cycle, and it made the water all cloudy like that. It won't hurt the fish, just looks ugly. I think adding extra carbon to the filter helps, and I got this stuff called AquaClear too.
Well, I figured that it was the gravel. Honestly I rinsed it, but not enough because I was excited to add it haha..so I did a 100% change today and rinsed the gravel with warm water, and added conditioner and so far the water is crystal clear. I'll see how it holds up.
& now that I think about it, it probably was the gravel. As I had marbles in the tank for a day & a half (before I got mr. fish) and the water stayed clear. Then I changed to gravel.

my name is Jonni,
Angelica

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Newborn Pup

Can you name - Fingery?

Dog Help
|
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Betta Bomb

Wow, he's handsome Mr.Fish is a nice name!!! I hate the naming ordeal bc I always feel the name don't fit Carbon in filters cleans fish waste and makes water clear... Carbon was my bestest best friend with the turtles!! lol
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
the rodent lover&lt;3

Haha well that's just what I call him until I can think of something decent

my name is Jonni,
Angelica

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 02:30 PM
is a little "special"

Hmmm... I was never too good at naming fish. I had Angel,Refridgerator, Toaster Oven, Gooples, and Ninja that I can remember, and several fish I never got around to naming LOL. They all look the same after a while XD

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 03:07 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

what about apollo or Hades

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 04:02 PM
Mouse Obsessor

If you are going for a blue related name how about Lazuli?

My Pets:

1 Rat: (Ace)
1 RC Hamster: (Hannibal)
3 Cats: (Tao, Drew, Jak-ke)
2 Ferrets: (Fisher, Georgie)
1 Betta: (Maxwell) + (5 Platies and 1 Molly)
Rest in peace all my little Mice: Tempo, Aaron, Tatiana, Pei, Shi, Orange, Spotty, Lee Hyun, Key, Calvin, Chun, Jiro, Hero...
And my past Dookers: Lulu (my heart), Frodo (my old man), MoneyPennies (the first one), ect...
Aswell as all my lost Cats (my beloved Haru, ect..) and Bettas (Stahl the creepy one, ect..)
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 06:54 PM
Newborn Pup

Azul, azure, and lazuli are all great names. To me he looks like a Jay or a Joey... 0_o but for a color based name, go with what you've already got!