Photos! Had to Start New Aquarium - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

Talking Had to Start New Aquarium

Well, we got a new aquarium, it isn't all set up yet, but here are some pictures of our new fishies. The reason we got a new aquarium is because we let one of Michael's friends feed the fish and he accidentally dumped almost a full case of feed into the old tank, then the pump quit on us, so I gave up and got a new tank!

Still needs a background and this tank is bigger, so more plants and maybe more things to go with the ship.

They seem like happy fish!

Here is Mr. Tuff Guy.

Hmmm.... Are you dirty? Need some cleaning?

Let me just clean that spot off for you. hee hee.

I don't need any cleaning today, Mr. Tuff Guy.

We have two of these, but I can't find the other one. They are so good at hiding. I think he is in the ship.

And, yes, Rikki, the cat LOVES to sneek a bit of fish flakes at time of feeding. Heh heh. And then sits and watches as the fish eat, just in case they want to share. LOL.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Congrats on the new tank and cute fishies! Just make sure you monitor the water parameters closely for the next couple of weeks since there are bound to be fluctuations.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 03:56 AM
Salamander Burgermuffin

oo new tanks are fun it looks nice so far.. and its nice to know im not the only one that lets kitty sneak some fish food.. our dog likes it too.. altho he also likes bunny food.. and bunny poops.. lol he has a very well rounded diet

My Furry Family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Angelnstuff! How funny.

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

forgot about catfood too, he loves cat food.. im just happy he hasnt ventured into the litter box... that we know of anyway.

Back on topic i love mr tough guy, i really want a pleco, what is the fish hes cleaning?

My Furry Family
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 01:39 PM
Aspires to Stupidity

Oooo a little froggy. How big does he get and does he need to go out of the water? I would love to get a couple of those.

China likes to sneak a bit of fish flakes too, lol.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 09:51 PM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

I LOVE plecos. When I was growing up my mom had one that got huge. Unfortunately our tank got ick and the pleco died first I think my mom cried a little.

After all my mice and rats are gone (I'm done with pocket pets for awhile) My boyfriend and I want to try to make an aquaponic tank. It's like hydroponics but you can actually add fish to the water and grow the plants. He is researching it VERY thoroughly though so before anyone jumps on me about how it's bad to put fish in a tank with different plants, we are researching!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

aquaponics sounds really interesting!

My Furry Family
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 12:17 AM Thread Starter

Nikko, The little froggies don't get very big. They do need to get air, but they just swim to the top of the tank now and then to get it.
Oh, and my little worm dudes, I forget their real names, I just call them, "orange worm dudes"! hee hee.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 10:33 AM
Guarded by Waffles

I love plecos! Congrats on the aquarium!

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 12:26 PM
RAT ADDICT

Cute tank and fishies...or as my daughter calls them "furshies".
Those little worm dudes are "dojo loaches",also called "weather loaches".I love them guys!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 01:40 AM Thread Starter

"furshies" How adorable!

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-12-2008, 12:38 PM
RAT ADDICT

LOL! Isn't it?

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 04:47 PM
Obsessed with Criss Angel

Gorgeous aquarium!

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 06:34 AM
Will It Ever Change?

great tank! the pleco is a beauty!

lol vanrat....furshies?? that's soooooo cute

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan

Tags
new aquarium, new fish