Have you seen this? Picture of my Tree Frog's Fungus - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Have you seen this? Picture of my Tree Frog's Fungus

I isolated this little guy as soon as I saw he was sick. He has gotten worst. I am treating him now and he is starting to look better and by better I mean (more alive). The big huge bubbles go up and down on his mouth daily. Just when I think they are going away, they look like they are coming back. Have you ever seen anything like this? And if so, what did you do to get rid of it?

He was looking absolutely miserable and now he is looking up somewhat. I have gotten him the absolute smallest crickets that I can find for him. And I am treating him with an antibiotic and with a solution of water and peroxide. I am determined to get this little guy better. But, if anyone out there has seen this and knows what to do, please let me know! Thanks ahead of time. He needs some help. Oh, and I did call a vet. Told the secretary the whole story, they promised me a call back and I kept bugging them for days. Nobody ever returned my call. I get the idea that I am on my own on this one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 11:31 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

eeek!

I dont have any advice for you..I have never had a froggie.

I hope responds to the treatment your giving him and he gets well soon.
Maybe the vet is finding out info and will call you tomorrow or better yet take him in if you can.

Get better little froggie.

Lve Never Fails

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 11:49 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

if it's a fungus it wont get better with anti biotics... maybe you could try a antifungal ointment, but that might kill him i have no idea. call another vet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 06:02 AM
Will It Ever Change?

oh hun im sorry your froggy is sick!! *hugs* my best wishes! i'd totally call another vet

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 11:14 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

maybe you should post on the amphibian section
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Awwe, have I been posting my "froggie" posts in the wrong spot?? The vet that I called here in my town is the only "exotic pet" vet that we have. The pet store gave me something that they use for fish, called ampicillin, effective against bacterial infection & flexibacter infections. Poor little guy. I'm trying so hard for him. I'm even treating him with the peroxide/water mix. But, like I said, he is looking better. I just wish that I knew what this is. Thanks everyone. I'm sorry if I have been posting in the wrong spot.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 12:15 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

no biggy they just might have more to tell you if people just check that section or think its an aquatic frog.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 12:26 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

do you know what kind of tree frog it is?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 12:36 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

i found a exotic vet online thing that you can email your problem to and he may be able to help heres the site

http://www.2ndchance.info/ACC.htm

heres another site with problems with frogs

http://www.pollywog.co.uk/health.html

Last edited by Kendalle; 03-04-2008 at 12:40 PM.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 07:21 PM
Oily Chickenspew

i got help here once

http://caudata.org/

it's another forum but they have a specific frog section

Tara
Andy-Chinchilla
Jaws & Chomper-Firebellied Toads Senor-Tiger Salamander
Merlin-Crowntail Betta Harry Potter-Mystery Snail
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Kendalle and tarita2004, Thank you both so much for the suggestions. I will go to the sites and check them out! I appreciate the help so much, and so will froggie!

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 01:29 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

You could e-mail Dr. Fyre. I know that he usually treats dart frogs but I'm sure he'd have some advice.

http://www.fryebrothersfrogs.com/contact.html

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

Tags
exotic vet, pet store, tree frog