Here ya go TyGuy! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2002, 12:45 PM
Lynn

Talking Here ya go TyGuy!

Lord...shoulda backhanded me sooner....forgot to post that...been probably a month.LOL! Anyway...their tank is ugly...baren...well its a QT tank its supposed to be ugly and barren.LOL! But those are the new golds...they need to be gotten out of the QT tank one day.LOL!

Last edited by Sassy; 03-03-2002 at 01:50 PM.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2002, 02:35 PM
ChinTopia

beautiful..... I cant keep fish alive

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2002, 04:03 PM
ChinTopia

Im talking betas and goldfish here LMAO

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2002, 04:15 PM

Nice looking fish. TY is gonna love these pics.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2002, 07:41 PM
Lynn

Nah.....these guys are going into the "L" shaped tank with the other 10 golds. Need to do that sometime this week. I think I'm going to start a tub this year with a few healthy looking walmart feeders....feel sorry for them really. Because I seriously doubt more than 1or2 of them makes it to 10".*sigh* and they are hardy enough to take our VA winters unlike a fancy gold so no moving them back into the house. I hate to say it but those golds are still in just a 55G but I do a waterchange every other day...so its stable and they arn't that big. 20G per gold is a good rule to follow...providing that you have a tank larger than 50Gs. Smaller than 50G I would give em about 25G per gold because larger tanks are simply more stable and takes longer for water to go wack. LOL! I only have 47 tanks(counted them today) figured it was more than that more or less closer to 60.

I'm with Shawna, fish keeping isn't hard...its all about water quality. If you keep your tank stable and have healthy fish to start with(this could be a problem as well, since alot of fish in LPS are infested with a multitude of parasites that spring up latter on). Most will breed if kept in conditions to their liking as well. I got word of some guy breeding puffers in Charlottesville...must DEF give him a call.LOL! Anyway, loosing fish is part of the game. Quite common..why I had a 10" bala shark jump out of its tank onto a drum and die righ there. Jason went to play them....and noticed something on there. Or I had one of my new Otos get stuck to one of my filters and get basically pulled apart due to the force(500gph). Things happen...all you can do when something happens is deal with it and go on...maybe you can find a breeder of fish in your area. Or a local hobbist that breeds fish. Came to find out there is an absulute shitola of fish people in VA so maybe in your area to. The strongest thing I can ever say about fish keeping is....research before you buy. Alot of fish sold as juvies grow huge. I bought a rather nice Silver Scat the other day...thang aint bigger than a quarter...but I knew when I bought him he would grow to about 8" one day. Those cute little 3" Pacu...grow to 2ft...Common Plecos grow to 2ft, Bala sharks, Kissing gourami, Feeder Golds-all grow to about 1ft. So let the buyer beware.LOL! Anyway...this post looks like a book, hope you plunge into the world of fish keeping again(if you havent already) CT...Good Luck!

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2002, 08:43 PM
Lynn

This is the main gold tank...I've had it for 2 years or so.LOL! I estimate its about 350G so 16 golds, 30 zebra danios, 12 apple snails(**** things lay eggs constantly) and a pair of albino clawed frogs is oK. Interesting tank

LOL!

Around here...livebearers are the worst for this. Get a lovely pair of sailfin mollies...QT them for about 6weeks, add them to the community. Perfection...slightly brackish..etc etc, waters fine and they still just spring up an infestation. Feeding of medicated foods while in QT usually prevents the "spring up" though.

Not sure...I was talkin' to a member of our "fish club"(just a group of addicts that meet up on Sundays at the LPS to talk fish. That her grandson is raising, puffers, seahorses, oscars, otos and some other stuff. May have to check more into this one.LOL! Not to far away to go collecting either

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2002, 09:08 PM
Lynn

Cool! Thanks Tort! All my reference say 2ft...so I guess my 2ft pleco has some more growing to do and my Pacus shall get much bigger. Good! Bigger the better

LOL! It just looks like a big rectangular tank with a smaller rectangular tank attached to the end of it. Took the fish awhile to realize they could use the west wing to.LOL!

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2002, 11:32 PM
Lynn

Thats fine by me...they are in an 800G now with a RTC and Arowana...in the next year or so, we will build a 2000G tank for them along with my Shovelnose Cat. I dont expect them to grow more than a few inches over that course.....so they will be fine. The Black pacu will definatly get 3or4ft...Reds should get atleast 2.5-3ft. Their tank is made primarily of concrete with a 3.5" piece of acrylic widow...so that should hold the "monsters" back.LOL!

Tags
clawed frog, clawed frogs, lay eggs