Important ADF question - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Important ADF question

Well I think its important, it might not be a big deal but I wanted to ask anyways.

As you all know I now have 2 frogs. I love them both so much. I thought they were both girls since both appeared to have those nub like tail thingys on their bums. Well I guess only male frogs sing so my new guy is a male. I switched names so my older one is of course the girl and her name is Luci, the new guy is Loki. So I did research that says if you have male and female you will have tadpoles but they most likely will get eaten. Even taking them out and putting them in something else they most likely wont make it anyways. But thats not my problem. My problem is this. Loki is singing to Luci. I am assuming this is singing and not, I hate you and wanna fight you noise. They go back and forth chaseing each other. I don't want either of them getting hurt. Since I am new to ADF's I wanted to know if this is normal and if they are just mateing? No one said I had anything to fear getting another frog. No one heard anything about ADF's fighting or anything which is why I got another one. I just don't wanna wake up and find one or both dead cuz they killed each other. They seem fine, no wounds or anything. I am just paranoid and wanna make sure they are fine.

20 Rats
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3 Gerbils
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1 Hamster

21 Fish

1 Rabbit

2 African Dwarf Frogs

5 Cats

Me, My hubby and My Zoo

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 04:02 PM
is a little "special"

They should be fine. If he is obscessing over her a little too much though, you might want to either seperate them for a little while so she wont get too stressed out, or get another female so he isnt so focused on Luci.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I notice they don't do this all the time. Usually they just hang around each other and he will copy her yoga moves lol. He gets frisky sometimes at night and sings to her and chases her. But so far tonight hes been a good boy. He sang some to her but no chaseing. I think your right, nothing to worry about but I wanted to make sure.

20 Rats

3 Gerbils

1 Hamster

21 Fish

1 Rabbit

2 African Dwarf Frogs

5 Cats

Me, My hubby and My Zoo

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 01:39 PM
is a little "special"

As long as it isnt constant, its fine. Im sure he will calm down once he is more used to being around her.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."

Tags
question