Lethargic Betta... Help! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Question Lethargic Betta... Help!

My betta Azure has been acting really wierd the last few weeks. Hes isnt moving much, and is having problems swimming and staying up... hes mostly been at the bottom. And when he does swim, he swims verticly- not horizontally like hes supposed to. I don think hes eating much either. Hes done this before, but it only lasted a few days... Im really starting to worry about him. :C

When I first got him, I put him in my community tank but he kept getting caught in the filter, so I had to take him out. When he was in his own 10 gallon, he got caught in the filter again even thought I saftey-proofed it, so I took all filters out. Even though most of his finage grew back, hes never been the strongest swimmer. (I really dont know if that will help solve my issue with him, but I thought Id throw it out there.)

Right now, hes in his own 5 gallon (I dont have room for the 10gal any more). I just tested his water, like, 2 minutes ago: Zero nitrite, Zero nitrate, about 7.4 PH ... looks good to me. It also said I have really soft water, but Im not sure if that effects the fish or not.
The temp. is 64 degrees F, and I think that might be whats causing his issue, but Im not sure. If its too cold, do they even make heaters small enough for a 5gal? I dont think Ive seen them.

Any suggestions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 01:23 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

id think the water is too cold, they are tropical fish and 64 would be cold... i think they make heaters for tanks that small.. but i'm not sure.

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
fish