Photos! Major Rescape of Betta Tank & Anubias Flower - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Major Rescape of Betta Tank & Anubias Flower

Hey everyone! Today I made some major changes to my 6 gallon planted betta tank, and wanted to show the updates! This tank has been up for almost a year now, and I love it!

This is the first time I got up the nerve to split my anubias nana, and I attached one piece to the driftwood. I took out a majority of the java moss and attempted to reattach a few patches of it.

Rescape:

Here is a picture of one of my red cherry shrimp hanging out between the river rocks:

Here is a picture of a new snail I found in my dad's tank and brought home because I thought he was cute! I'm a sucker for snails for some reason. Does anyone know what kind he is?

And here is the begining stages of my anubias nana bloom. I will be posting more when it opens up:

Also, if anyone has any ideas for anything to add to the tank, let me know! I'm definitely open to suggestion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Before picture.

I forgot to post a before picture for comparison. Oops!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 03:37 PM
is a little "special"

It looks great! I can't wait to see the flower pictures!

Your little shrimp and snail are adorable! I'm thinking about getting some shrimp for my frog's planted tank, I've always loved them LOL. I had an army of mini snails too, but I don't know where they went now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Thanks Jess!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 06:57 PM
Playful Pup

Awesome setup! everything in it looks natural. That betta is probably a very happy fish, Im glad thier still people out there that takes care of them so well.

X-Mas Wishlist

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 08:56 PM
Betta Bomb

Aw awesome tank!!! I'm so jealous! I've been trying to get my hands on java moss but bc of it's growth and the way it takes over, the pet stores here don't sell it often (if at all). I want to upgrade my little guy's tank but have no space atm. ^^ Your betta looks like our Lakitu!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 11:25 PM
is a little "special"

Do you want some of my java moss?! LOL. It's exploded all over my tank now.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 08:33 AM
Betta Bomb

That's why I want it so bad!!! Since I have such a brown thumb and a tiny non filtered tank I thought j.moss would be fine. I'll pm you my address !! (J/k)

Tags
6 gallon eclipse, anubias nana, betta, natural planted tank, plants