Mikey has her 75 gallon tank - finally! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Mikey has her 75 gallon tank - finally!

Mikey got her 75 gallon tank on Friday night. We stayed up late to put together the stand, clean out the new tank (boy it was dusty and I found a dead bug too) and change her into the new tank. We put her in a bucket of her own water and then drained the 30 gallon she was in into rubbermaid containers. Moved the old tank and stand out - put the new tank and stand where the old one was. Refilled the new tank with as much of the water from the old tank as possible. Filled up the new tank the rest of the way. Treated the water put in the old ornaments and then added Mikey. I have to say she looks small in there. I think she enjoys having more space now but at first she was just hanging in the half that has her substrate that was in the old tank, the tree that was in the old tank and her bubbler that was in the old tank. It was funny.
We were supposed to get her new tank and stand from an aquarium but they messed up and it was taking forever. So we ended up at Petsmart on Friday night and they had a nice stand and one 75 gallon tank in stock. Of course while we were there a fish that was in the highest tank swam over and gave her bestest fishy eyes to my husband who immediately fell in love with her. So after moving Mikey into the new tank we set up the old one as a quarantine tank and I went over Saturday morning to bring our Peaches home. She is a beautiful orange oranda. She has the most adorable face.

Oh and I also got two mystery snails. I am worried there is not enough for them to eat so I put in some kale but I read that they prefer romaine. Any suggestions on what to feed them would be greatly appreciated.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 12:52 PM
Hello Earthling

Congrats !!

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Thanks she is so spoiled.

Now DH has me worried that the snails are giving Peaches (all in same QT tank) black spot disease. Do Apple Snails carry that? From the information I read they looked like they didn't carry anything that could affect fishes - just rats and humans - since we have no rats and don't plan on eating them I thought we would be fine.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny

Tags
fancy tail, mystery snail, oranda