Photos! My Baby Mollies - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Aspires to Stupidity

My Baby Mollies

My little fish babies are 9 days old. I really wish more than 3 would've survived, but I guess in a way it's okay, cuz where would I put them all, lol.

Here's the first thread on them and the first pics I took of them:
http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/f77/u...-do-51122.html

Here's a few pics I took of them today while I was cleaning their homemade net thingy(they poo a lot, lol):

Does anyone know how long it will take for them to get big enough to be with the rest of the fish dudes? Doesn't look like they grew much at all so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 10:54 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

I would think like 4 weeks or so...as I stopped seperating mine I forgot lol...but the general rule is when they no longer look like tiny see through food lol...

yours are so cute all of mine are orange and black...I love the babies, but trying to find homes is so hard lol

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-01-2009, 06:17 AM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Aww they are cute!!!

*Carla*
I
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my animals!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-01-2009, 11:25 AM

They are so cute! My fish never have babies! I wish my frogs would have babies. hee hee.

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-01-2009, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Aspires to Stupidity

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDancer View Post
I would think like 4 weeks or so...as I stopped seperating mine I forgot lol...but the general rule is when they no longer look like tiny see through food lol...

yours are so cute all of mine are orange and black...I love the babies, but trying to find homes is so hard lol
Wouldn't they still be really small and get eaten though?

I've been wondering what colors they will be. Would they only be the colors of the male and female?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazsamps View Post
Aww they are cute!!!
Thanx!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzKityLvsBrdsTo View Post
They are so cute! My fish never have babies! I wish my frogs would have babies. hee hee.
This is the first time I had fish babies and I've had fish for 5-6 years. I didn't try to breed them though, just lucky.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

my male and female were both orange and black mixes...I have mostly mixed babies, but I do have a few solid black ones and then like 2 with all orange...one and only one came out silver with black speckles lolas soon as mine get color they are no longer seen as food for whatever reason...but when they are all see through they are pretty vulnerable...they stay in the plants for like 2 weeks then out they come swimming with the others...mine get almost full color in 2-3 weeks...but I have had a few that took almost 6 weeks to get their full coloring...I will try and get photos of mine later on to show you...I have a huge mix right now...little bitty new babies, 6 week olds, 4 month olds and so on all the way up to the parents lol

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Aspires to Stupidity

Update pics:

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 08:22 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

awww they get big so quick lol...mine just had a batch with 29...trying to find homes is so hard...we thought we had them all seperated right, but I think the girls were already pregnant...I wish I had some white ones, I think thet are just so pretty

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 04:52 AM Thread Starter
Aspires to Stupidity

They actually look way bigger in the pics than they really are. They're close to 2cm long, so not too big, lol.
I'm really anxious to know what colors they will be.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 07:45 AM
Dinky Corsetkisser

Mine have their color from the begining, all the tiny little babies are a clear orange with black, they just get darker as they get older...I will take a video of the tank with all the new babies for you...we think we have a home for 20 of the babies...I so hope so lol

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Aspires to Stupidity

Hmm, maybe mine are white then??
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 07:19 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

vdeo of my babies...this is my quarantine tank (yup a fish that was sick had them all lol) the babies are all different ages, and all of them plus a few big ones will be going to a new home in a few days, which is good since the tank is not big enough for them all lol. Hard to believe all of this started with just 2 mollies...the tank is a mess because my plecos keep pulling the plants up lol...in the tank are 2 plecos, 2loaches and then all the mollies...the plecos and loaches are in there because they were exposed to what ever it is the fish got lol...there are bumps on them, I have treated them with meds, the vet said maybe it was fish pox...they are all still pigs, very very active, so I am not sure what it all is...anyways here is the video (please exscuse the mess it was a hurried set up in the kitchen when the bumps first started appearing)

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 08:03 PM
Hello Earthling

Whoa that's alot of fish.

Cute fish!!

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 12:31 AM
Dinky Corsetkisser

lol thank you...its way way to many fish lol...but alot are leaving.

As you can see though even the tiny babies have color so I am thinking yours will be white

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 01:57 AM Thread Starter
Aspires to Stupidity

Thanx for the video! That's a lot of babies and fish, lol. How long did it take to get that many? Does that make sense?

Tags
baby fish, fish, fry, mollies, molly