Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

My Fishies and ADF

Tags
fish frog
1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  ratprincess777 
#1 ·
I have 17 fish, I am in the process of getting more lol and 1 little african dwarf frog. I do have a question because I am at my wits end knowing what I should do. So I will ask the question and then post my fishies.

Loki is my frog. Shes super sweet and real shy. I got her as a rescue with a bunch of fish I was fostering. I didn't plan on keeping her but I couldnt help myself, shes so cute. Well I have read many different things about them. I am learning what the best thing for her is. I first read they are fine alone or with fish. If they are with fish then they should be fed with tweezer cuz fish are pigs lol. Then I read where they need other ADF's as friends. I don't want to be cruel to her. Shes in with my cories right now. She seems perfectly fine. The cories dont really bother her. They swim by her or will rest on top of her...she usually just bats at them and they go away. I don't want her to be lonely. I also have no idea what her age is or if she would fight with other frogs. I have an empty 10 gallon. Its in the process of cycling. I planned on getting more fish for it. But then I read that and I feel bad now. Should I just skip getting more fish for that tank and just get her some frog friends? My heart was set on more fish but I will do whats right by her before I put my own wants into account. So just advice or opinions would help. Shes eating fine with the cories. I make sure she does.

Ok now finally here are my fishies.

6 Platys - Ponyo, Sushi, Calypso, Finn, Bubbles and Triton

I plan on getting a few more platys for my tank too but those are the ones i have right now. All of them are girls except Sushi, hes loving that lol.

3 Bettas - Dexter, Sassette and Julius

8 Corydoras - 5 albinos and 3 adolfos. I couldnt find any adolfos anywhere so I got the albinos and they couldnt be happier. The 3 adolfos were also rescues i took in with Loki my frog.

5 Albino Corys - Dinky, Dunk, Diablo, Dazzle and Dipper

3 Adolfo Corys - Splish, Splash and Squirt

Loki is in with all my cories right now. No one is harming anyone and everyone is getting enough to eat. ;)

See less See more
#2 ·
this weekend I am going back out and I really need advice on if I should get more frogs for Loki or if its ok if I just get more fish. I dunno, if I really want more frogs, I prefer fish. But I wanna do whatever will be best for Loki. I have heard peoples opinions about both. I have heard people keeping 1 ADF with fish or alone and its fine. I have also heard people say their frog was more shy with other frogs. Then I have heard the opposite. How the frogs are so much happier with other frogs. I really am unsure what to do. I was told by a very good friend of mine that it honestly doesnt matter. My problem is I can never make my own mind up. I usually need someone to tell me what the right choice is. But I just would like advice as to what the BEST course would be to take. If it doesnt matter I probably will get more fish instead.

#3 ·
Personally, I would give her her own tank with a froggy friend or 2, since being in a tank with fish isnt always the best situation for them... They arent very good hunters, and the fish have a tendency of gobbling up their food before the froggies can even find it!
It you want to keep the 10gal for your fish, you could just set up a little 5 gal for Loki and a friend or 2- They dont need a ton of room. :)

#4 ·
I have it all worked out no worries now. I have a 3 gallon I will use for Loki and a friend. Then I can still use my other 10 gallon for more fishys. So, yes its all working out wonderfully. This weekend I should be getting more fishys and froggers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.