my reef tank - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 06:23 AM

Oh wow, Did I see two different kinds of clownfish, and a yellow tang?

Georgous tank there! Keep up the awsome work!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 01:04 PM
Leo

Great looking tank ... Just looking at it stresses me out though thinking of all the work it must be (I had a Salt Water tank that I recently took down because I did not have the time I needed to devote to it we will be getting a larger tank in a few years).... how long did it take you to have all those inhabitants co-existing together in harmony?
How long have you had your set up for? What size is your tank and what are you doing for lighting? and filtration?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 01:53 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Nice pictures!

What invertebrates do you have in there?

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

i'm not sure how to quote all the questions so i will seperate them as best i can

laura ann--we have a yellow tang, 2 false percula clowns, 4 types of damsels, a saddleback clown, and a pajama cardinal (which we plan on getting another one or two as they prefer to school)

leo--we have never had a problem with anyone fighting which is very possibly just luck, we have had this set-up since spring 2005, it is a 40gal. and we actually just ordered a new light from foster and smith last night--http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=12772&N=2004+113175 (i think this is the one,my husband took care of it) we ordered the 48inch 216 watt as this is plenty of light for soft corals, for filtration we have a red sea prizm protein skimmer as for being stressed out i got the good end of the deal with the salt tank b/c my husband does the good majority of the work and i just sit back and enjoy. i actually enjoy cleaning the tanks (we have a total of 3 plus 2 betta bowls) i find it kind of theraputic other than hauling water back and forth but it is hard since i am home with our 1yr old during the day.

sasami-we actually had a choc.chip starfish a red knob starfish, a ton of snails (different kinds) hermit crabs, emerald crabs, and a sally lightfoot but they have some have slowly died off and we are currently replacing them. we were going to order a cleaning crew from foster and smith but they were more expensive than our local fish stores.

thank-you everyone for your very kind comments, i really don't deserve the credit as my husband does all the hard work but thank-you anyway
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 02:58 PM

Well to you and your hubby - congratulations! It absolutley magnificant. I wouldnt need a tv if i had one of those - i could look at it all night!

It is certainly something to be very proud off. Wish i had the time and space for one....
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 06:01 PM

Wow its so pretty! I am getting a in wall tank in 1 more MONTH! I am so excited!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2006, 12:24 AM

Very gorgeous pictures !

Isn't Sasami a life saver? She's helping me also! I can't possibly thank her enough
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2006, 01:38 PM

Reef tanks are so beautiful. Wish I had one.

Tags
hermit crab, hermit crabs, local fish store