My tank(s) and me:) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

Talking My tank(s) and me:)

Well, it's funny, I've read so many thing about the fish that I keep in my big tank that I think sometimes people don't know what they are saying. This is not here, no worries...lol

I have a 55g with 3 African Ropes, a Dragon fish (not arowana), and several Angels (as well as a betta container and a few algae eaters) anyway, regarding the ropes. mine are doing fabulous! I've read they are picky eaters...OY mine are not! they eat flake food (seen it happen), shrimp pellets and all the frozen food that I can feed them. They come up to the top at feeding time and take it right from my fingers. The dragon fish also loves to eat all of the above. and of course so do the angels. it's just funny to me to see my own fish do what "they'll never do" according to some people...sigh.

Every morning I feed a mix of frozen foods...blood worm, spyrolina brine shrimp, glass worms, tubifex, mosquito larva and whatever else I may have in my freezer at the time. Boy do they love the morning! The baby angels which are in a different 55g get all of the above including cyclops and daphnia for the smaller ones. The bettas love it all too, so we're good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 01:58 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Welcome!!

One day I will definitely get some ropefish. African ropefish are some of my favorite freshwater fish.

So you have a dragon goby? How long have you had him? Is he being moved to a brackish tank? Just curious!! I haven't seen many people take care of them properly...it's good to see someone not trying to just feed them flakes, haha.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 05:39 AM Thread Starter

well I've had him in the tank he's in for about 6 months now and he seems to be fine. Course I add salt to all my tanks, so maybe it's enough that he's happy along with the rest. He certianly seems to be, it's funny to watch him come morning feeding time. he zooms out from under his castle and starts this gulping with his gills flaring and sucks in anything that's in front of him. Before it started getting cold, I kept that betta container in there but about half way down and without any partitions. Then when I fed, I'd make sure a good bit of it just went in that container and within 5 minutes, Mr. Dragon would swim in there and gulp up everything. I've got a few pics of him chewing on a beef heart cube...he's a funny thing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 01:09 PM
RAT ADDICT

Pictures??

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 02:55 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penycat View Post
well I've had him in the tank he's in for about 6 months now and he seems to be fine. Course I add salt to all my tanks, so maybe it's enough that he's happy along with the rest. He certianly seems to be, it's funny to watch him come morning feeding time. he zooms out from under his castle and starts this gulping with his gills flaring and sucks in anything that's in front of him. Before it started getting cold, I kept that betta container in there but about half way down and without any partitions. Then when I fed, I'd make sure a good bit of it just went in that container and within 5 minutes, Mr. Dragon would swim in there and gulp up everything. I've got a few pics of him chewing on a beef heart cube...he's a funny thing
As he gets older you might want to consider moving him to a full brackish tank if you can . Since there is a difference between freshwater and marine salts.

He sounds really neat to watch. My mother and I are setting up a brackish tank and will probably be getting one...should be a lot of fun!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

Tags
algae eater, brine shrimp