Photos! My tank setup *NO FISH YET!* - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 06:26 AM Thread Starter
Fashion Animal Freak :)

Arrow My tank setup *NO FISH YET!*

Here is the set up of my tank Its my FIRST very tank, im REALLY stuck between goldfish or tropical my HEART lies with goldies i love them and always have, plus i KNOW ALOT more about them here is the two types of fish i would LOVE to keep and i think i am going to go for maybe 2 of each ?
Fantail & Moors

Here is my setup PLEASE don't hold back on guiding me the right way because like i said this is my FIRST tank ..

Chichi & Keisha modeling the tank

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."

Last edited by clairebee1; 01-12-2009 at 06:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 10:39 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

ohh it looks amazing!! I have my two fantails in a tank just like that and they are soo happy in it ^^ (I'm a goldfish fan too lol)

Veronica
0.1.0 Budgie- "Lovy"
1.0.0 Siamese Fighting Fish "Jet"
0.2.0 Dogs "Dina & Curra"
0.2.2 Leopard Geckos "Congo, Egypt, Zimbawe & Ghana"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Awww thats a cute tank! I am a fan of goldfish too i must admit lol i have 9 at the moment!! Goldfish tanks are so much easier to keep than tropical tanks!!! xx

*Carla*
I
my animals!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Hello Earthling

Nice tank.

How big is it again?

Goldfish need big tanks

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 02:18 PM
Jird Jostler

Wow, it looks such a lovely home Goldfish are cute but I'd have tropicals, Theres so much more variety. Maybe you could get some driftwood to your tank, fish love it... we have it in ours.. we also have these random spiral things that you put cucumber on (yes cucumber) and the fish love it , especially our tiger loaches... theyre realy big now.

I'm Georgia,
I drive like a rally driver.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Its 86 UK litres Would like 5-6 small goldfish not do ok in that? I thought it was pretty BIG for goldfish. well the way i have been brought up around goldfish .. all ours has had these size of tanks and have lived for around 6-10 years .. ?

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Hello Earthling

Its only about 22 US gallons which would be way to small for gold fish (20 per gold fish)

I would stick with tropical fish, you'll have a better variety and most don't grow to big.

You could keep small cold water fish too if you wish (instead of goldfish)

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 11:10 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

Your tank looks great! It really is kinda small for goldfish, but if you really really wanted them you might be able to keep one or 2 small ones, if you are religious about doing your water changes. I really want a goldfish tank, but they really do need alot of room and i don't want to have a tank that big with just one or two fish, I'm hoping eventually i will get to have a pond full of them.. one day
But for now, ive decided to stay with tropicals, you can have alot more per tank, and alot more variety and still keep my tanks understocked because I'm really bad about forgetting to do water changes.

My Furry Family
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 11:48 PM

Oh, Claire, that is a beautiful aquarium. It looks really big. Keep sending pictures. I can't wait 'til you get fishies. Yea! More pictures to come.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 07:16 AM Thread Starter

Wow im super confused i phoned my local fish shop they have ALOT of marine fish and i have been getting advice of them for years, they said that my tank is suitible for 4-5 goldfish (moors) Im really confused

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 10:36 AM
Jird Jostler

They are the pet store.. Go with what they say, afterall we can't realy tell from the photos. Get some fishys

I'm Georgia,
I drive like a rally driver.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 02:01 PM
Hello Earthling

I wouldn't listen to the pet shop. In my opinion 22 gallons is way to small for more than 1 small goldfish and even with one religious upkeep is needed.

Go with tropical's much better stocking possibilities.

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 05:36 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

a common goldfish or commets need 20 US gallons each but I read that fantails, moors, or any of the round bodied types can do with less. But still I don't think it's big enough for 4 to 5 of them. I suppose if they are small they could but when they grow you'll have to upgrade that's for sure.

Veronica
0.1.0 Budgie- "Lovy"
1.0.0 Siamese Fighting Fish "Jet"
0.2.0 Dogs "Dina & Curra"
0.2.2 Leopard Geckos "Congo, Egypt, Zimbawe & Ghana"

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

I think me and the hubby is going to dimantle the tank ! i really thought it was big enough for goldies (moors) because alot of places told me so. I wasn't planning on getting tropical at the start! so it looks like a bigger tank is what i need!

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 01:35 PM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Claire hun i think its big enough for a few goldfish,my dad used to breed all different varieties of fish and we always had fish tanks of some description growing up and now i have a 4ft tank with 9 goldfish in and being as my dad is somewhat of an expert on fish i asked him before i set it up and he said its plenty big enough!!! As long as they have plenty og hidey places and plants etc and roomto swim around they will be fine! Just dont go overboard and fill it up with fish,i am sure you could have 4 or 5 in that tank!! xx

*Carla*
I
my animals!

Tags
fish