MzKity's Pond and Fish! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 07:02 AM Thread Starter

Talking MzKity's Pond and Fish!

When I was outside a couple of days ago taking Fall pictures, I actually got to "SEE" my fish in my pond! That is so rare. LOL They are so good at hiding. I've had them for two years now. They were just goldfish that I purchased last year for maybe 25 cents at the pet store and they have grown huge! There are three of them left and one mosquito fish in there also. Check them out. Here are some pictures of them. Hee hee.

This is where they live. It's kinda over-grown, but I like it.

It bubbles all of the time.

See him?

Now there's two!

Aren't they cute?

I've got to get the heaters out there for them this weekend because it's getting too cold for them.

I'm hoping that they will be o.k. tonight actually, because I just found out that it is supposed to be 20 degrees tonight! EEEKKKK. But it was too late by the time I found out to do anything about it. It's a deep pond though and the bubbler is going, so hopefully they will be o.k. til' tomorrow. Heck, it is already tomorrow. It's 5 a.m., I can't sleep. I'm sitting here worrying about fish! Anyway, there are my fishies!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 02:39 PM
Aspires to Stupidity

Awesome pond! I want one so badly. I'm hoping to have one maybe next year or the year after. Depends how busy next year is, lol. Are they a lot of work to upkeep?
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

No, not at all. I'm kinda lazy with mine and it seems to do just fine.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 07:35 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

what a beautifl pond...and the fishies are just so cute...

We want a pond pretty badly lol but with 4 dogs and 3 loving the water we figure we will just ind a nice tall fountain for now lol

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Oooooh, HappyDancer! I'm not sure if you are in the market for that fountain now or not, but we just got another 3 tier fountain to add to my collection that is a pretty good size and it was 50% off at Lowes over here about a month ago. I'm not sure if you have one of those where you live or not, but if you do, they might be on sale even more by now! I just love mine! It stands as tall as me and was on sale for practically nothing. I almost fell over when I found it.

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Hello Earthling

Oh...how I want a pond, but my mom says no....

Oh well I'll have to wait.

Cute fishies BTW too

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-12-2008, 04:37 PM
RAT ADDICT

Nice pictures!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 08:36 AM
Dinky Corsetkisser

thats what we want is a 3 tier, our lowes hasn't put the fountains on sale yet, but probably soon, there is a place not to far from me that makes custom ones and we were thinking of ordering on, it has 2 sleeping dogs on the bottom wrapped around the base and then birds and beautiful bronze (aged to green) ivy up it, its so pretty, it costs a little more, but it would fit in so nice, right in the middle of my rose garden

Just had to add that Ken says he loves your pond and the layout, said to tell you hes jealous lol

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 09:25 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Beautiful Charlene!
I have always wanted a pond for fishies!
Yours is beautiful, thanks for sharing it with us!

Lve Never Fails

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

Thank you everyone. And HappyDancer, tell Ken thank you too! They were just so easy to do. If I can do it anyone can. They have filled in a bit more with flowers and plants on it's own this year, but I like it that way, it almost looks more natural. LOL. I love it at night too. I keep it lit up with soft green lighting.

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Fashion Animal Freak :)

OH WOW thats stunning noone over here has ponds its to cold all year round ive never actually seen one before!! its so gorgeous!! xx

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 11:17 PM
Will It Ever Change?

holey smokes how did I miss this!? aside from your ridiculously beautiful garden, I love your pond! Your fish are huge! I'm very impressed. xo

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

Awwe, thank you mulder.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 03:48 PM
Betta Bomb

Wow that is lovely!! i always wanted to put togther an outdoor pond for my turtles in the summer BUT there are alot of stray cats and a few peculiar neighbors who would deny in a heartbeat if my turtles mysteriously went missing...

Thanks for sharing! are they regular gold fish?? i dont think they would survive in our climate outdoors but Koi do.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, believe it or not, they are regular old goldfish. They amaze me too. We have below freezing weather here too. But I keep the ponds bubbling during the winter and keep them heated too. Which reminds me, it is time to put the heaters in!

Tags
fish in pond pictures, pond