need fish help - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 04:54 AM Thread Starter

we had no clue they were green spotted puffers. we had no clue they were anything even remotely close to that. we thought they were cute, the guy said they were freshwater, nonaggressive, and would eat flakes.

so yea, while we knew they werent the brand of fish the tag said they were, we still figured they would be freshwater,nonaggressive, and eat flakes since that is what the majority of fish at super walmart are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 11:22 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacki89 View Post
but the frustrating thing is that they weren't even labeled as gsp's they were labeled as something completely different. and even though we told the guy that they weren't the fish in the picture, he just assured us they were, even though they clearly are not long skinny grey fish.
its going to be sad to see them go, but i explained everything to my brother and his girlfriend, and we are going to try and give them to a lady at petco who helped us with the whole process [other then this part]. Maybe they will take them and try to resell them.
they really are adorable fish, they are so pleasant, and swim around so happy with each other.I never thought i would enjoy watching fish, but these 2 are such cuties in every way. If only we had a 55 gallon tank and the brains to work it.
Yeah, it's hard . But it's definitely for the best!

If you liked the Puffers so much maybe you could set up a small desktop tank and get Dwarf Puffers? They are only about an inch long when full grown so you only need 5-gallons per Puffer. They are completely freshwater and pretty hardy. They have about the same diet as GSPs, only smaller portions. Mine loved mysis shrimp, too (which GSPs usually aren't fed since the shrimps are tiny). You'll want lots of plants, though.

If you're ever interested, here is a good website: http://www.dwarfpuffers.com

I've kept them as well so you can always PM me.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Just to give everyone an update-
we gave them to a really knowledgable girl at petco who is takign care of them. a desktop tank really isnt a choice because im going to school out of state so I'd be away from them, and my brother reallly doesn't have the money to afford another fish tank, since this one is becomming so expensive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 01:12 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacki89 View Post
Just to give everyone an update-
we gave them to a really knowledgable girl at petco who is takign care of them. a desktop tank really isnt a choice because im going to school out of state so I'd be away from them, and my brother reallly doesn't have the money to afford another fish tank, since this one is becomming so expensive.
I'm glad you found them a home!

I know you probably can't set up another tank for a while but figured I'd mention the Dwarfs if you ever want to. They are great beginner Puffers.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
black spots, brine shrimp, fish tank, ghost shrimp, white belly