New Betta - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 03:05 AM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

New Betta

This weekend after thinking and discussing it for awhile we got Ashley a Betta, we have had them before, but we had decided to wait to get any others till life in the house had settled down and she was old enough to take care of one...shes 11 (gona be 12 next month) so Ken and I took her to wal-mart where we got her a small aqarium, its really cute, then we took her to an old pet store here in town called Whities and got her a Betta and a snail (Ken wanted the snail lol) he is so beautiful, he is a very very bright blue with purple and red on him, he is in a purple aqarium with blue rocks...I will post the pictures tomorrow when I get up lol...

Ashley has named him Martin and the snail is DumDum...she wanted the small aqarium over the bowls and such cause she felt the poor fish had been in a little cup to long and deserved to have more room, hes loving it...he seems to be adjusting well, we got the Betta water conditioner and the proper food, and so far she has done great in taking care of him. As I said above we will post pictures in the morning...I must add he is so beautiful, I have never seen any so bright, we have looked often, but never seen one like him lol...or maybe we are blinded by others cause he is now ours...lol any tips would be much appreciated

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 07:47 PM
RAT ADDICT

CongRATS on the new guy and the snaily!Why did she name him DumDum tho??

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

lol well we got 2 snails and we had named them twiddle dee and tweddle dum and she now refers to them as DeeDee and DumDum and the names came about because they kept climbing in the bag on the way home and she was afraid they were crawling out of the water lol...and she named the Beta Martin after Full House, the episode where Michele got a fish and took a bubble bath with it...lol they keep us entertained
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_4448.JPG (50.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 100_4453.JPG (43.7 KB, 10 views)

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 07:56 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Congrats on your new fish. He's gorgeous!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 06:45 PM
Paw Talk's prodicle son .

= ..^ o ^.. =

I cant take it any more I have to get one of these.

Wow thats a lovely blue one, I suppose they dont come in velvet green.

= ^ ~ ^ =

* sings *

He's in the Jailhouse now , he's in the Jailhouse now , well I told him once or twice .

To stop chewing wood and Pooping nice , he's in the jailhouse now.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 10:22 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toky-Ohki
= ..^ o ^.. =

I cant take it any more I have to get one of these.

Wow thats a lovely blue one, I suppose they dont come in velvet green.

= ^ ~ ^ =
Actually they do come in green .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 10:30 PM

Congratulations!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 02:05 AM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

Martin is doing great, his coloring is so vibrant...at night if someone forgets to turn is tank light off at night he will do the whole full hood attack thing at his reflection in his tank lol, so we are always trying to insure it doesn't happen, we get afraid he will hurt himself attacking the glass...I love to watch him swim around and explore, hes just so pretty...the dog can see him up on the counter and falls asleep staring at him (there is no way for the dog to get close at all) hes just been a greta addition to the family and Ashley has been great taking care of him...I naver have to remind her to feed or really anything...as soon as she gets up she turns on his light and feed him, and then feeds him at night...she loves taking care of him lol..

anyways thats our update lol

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-23-2006, 02:09 AM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

just wanted to update on my little man...hes doing so good, he keeps us very intertained...whenever anyone looks at him he flares up and swimas into the plant, but when I tap the top to let him know I am feeding hehas learned to come straight up to the top...we are now on the prowl for another one...we would like to get a yellow one, but really its whenever Ashley sees one she takes a liking to

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 06:23 PM

wow he is beautiful. we just got a yellow betta about a month ago. we looked for over a year before we found one. we named him mr.mello yello. i want a red one someday and he will be mr.ruby red. congrats

Tags
pet store