Photos! New Fish! Updates - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Hello Earthling

New Fish! Updates

As of Saturday,November 8th I added 6 new additions to the fishy family - but on Thursday November 6th all tree cichlids went to their new home in a 75 gallon aquarium with other cichlids.

The newest additions bring the fish family up too... 7 not counting feeder fish which would raise the amount by at least 10.The count would also be higher if I wasn't for the passing of Jesus , my beloved betta would passed away on the 2nd of November. R.I.P Jesus

3 black skirt tetras where added to create more of a 'school' for Bingo the current black skirt tetra who lived with the cichlids, he seems much happier to be swimming with his own kind.The 3 new tetras are very small compared to Bingo..or maybe Bingo is just huge but they are young fish.One have a very pronounced jaw - the perfect model.

Three peppered corydoras where also added at the same time.Some of the cutest fish I have even owned.They have such cute little faces and swim everywhere, always looking for food.They are supposed to get to 4" or 8cm every site says something different, but I am hoping that they do get to be big.

The aquarium is H: 46cm L:75 cm W: 32 cm or 28.73 U.S. gallons, 108.77 liters or 23.93 U.K gallons. Equipped with Eclipse build in filter hood with light and heater I am hoping to soon add more inhabitant to the tank.

Purple gravel is soon to be changed hopefully to something more 'natural' (oh how the parents have no style). I will also get around to planting a few types of live plants - right now the tacky plastic ones are providing shelter, along with terra cotta pots and gnome hat.The area is also furnished with drift wood and a granite decoration.

The tetras swim their laps in the strong current going in one direction, this current have ruined my plan for a group of female bettas, in less I can figure out how to break the current a bit, but I wouldn't want to take way the tetras 'treadmill'

Picture Break

Just look at that JAW

The tank

Some 'schooling' action

Bingo

Cory(s)

They move to fast to get a good clear picture.

If you haven't already guessed I am going for a South American tank. Comments and suggestions to anythings, and to other this to add please post.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 06:26 PM

Those are Beautiful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 06:34 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Yay! New fishies!

Lovely pics!

(is this the tank you want to change substrate on?)

Lve Never Fails

Last edited by luvnature; 11-11-2008 at 06:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 08:47 AM
Betta Bomb

PRETTY

very nice tank my dear,good work
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 10:29 AM
RAT ADDICT

Thanks for sharing.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Hello Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnature View Post
Yay! New fishies!

Lovely pics!

(is this the tank you want to change substrate on?)
Yes. This is the tank that I want to change the substrate on. I hate the purple.

Thanks everyone.

All the fish are doing great and my tetra with the jaw is always staring out looking at you, love him.

I still don;t know what I am going to add next I was at the pet store yesterday, but I didn't have to time to look at what they had. Maybe tonight or tomorrow since they get their new shipments today

Oh and by the way nothing is named yet.If you have any ideas feel free to post. Right now the fish names are going along the line of religious figures; like Jesus (R.I.P) and Moses [already used names].

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Cute fishies!

Maureen

Six new rats

Tags
aquarium, cory, cute, fish, tetra