new tank. fish needing names! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

new tank. fish needing names!

So, I have most of my tank set up now. My male betta seems very happy with other fish in with him. He RARELY flares at me anymore, and only does it to himself when the lights go out. =)

I now have, 1 male betta, 1 polka-dot botia, 1 golden zebra botia, 1 pleco, 2 black kuhli loaches, and 5 neon tetras. And im pretty much done now =) maybe ONE red tailed shark.... but i will see how they do for now.

so... names as of now are..
betta-betta or evil fish
polka-dot botia - george
golden zebra botia - zeeke
kuhli loaches - harry and larry

I still need names for my pleco and neons.

my pleco was TINY when i got him, so i was thinking something little and cute..... but he is Extremely active, and someone gave the idea of hoover.. and im still thinking about that.. any suggestions would be awesome though =)

and my 5 neons, 4 are very simlar, and one is really small. so the only one i will be able to tell apart is the small one. but i still want names =) i just got them today so havent gotten a chance to really think...

any help is awesome! you guys always have cool names for your animals, so i thought i should ask you! =)

heres some pictures...

the tank.

Betta

George

Zeeke

Pleco - needing name!

Harry & Larry

Neons - needing names! especially the little guy =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 06:52 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

..hmm..dont know...how about a name for the whole gang of neons?
The Bad boys

as for the pleco...how about Noo Noo. You know that little vacuum that is on Teletubbies show....hehe...

Lve Never Fails

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 05:09 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

=(... well I just got home, its 2am. and i found the little neon dead. im all teary and i only had him since 1pm today! ='( poor little guy.. so.. i only have 4 neons now. but those ones look really healthy and fat. the little guy looked a little... funny when i got him.. =( its the way it goes.
=( rip little guy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 07:05 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

How about Dyson for the pleco and
Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Cartman for the little guys!

R.I.P - little neon.

Time Spent With Pets Is Never Wasted!

MONTY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MOLLIE

.....BOB

COMET, PLUTO & SANTOS
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 10:52 AM
Playful Pup

do your kuhliis dig? they need either snad or fine small smooth gravel.how big is your tank, it looks good by the way, i like the rock decoration.the plec, if a common plec, will grow big, and need a bigger tank.as for the names, how about sucker for the plec, although i do like hoover. and glamerous names for the neons : flash, dash, rainbow, wiz and neo

fur_ball

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

they dont dig a lot. they just hide under the rock. and i know the pleco will get big. this is just a starter tank... i did research before buying! =) im not a impulse buyer thank god.. or i would have thousands of pets! haha

i like those neon names.... ill put those on the possible list... unfortunately one will have to go, unless i replace him. =(

--and the tank is a 10gal. (but only for the time being remember!)
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 12:38 PM
Oily Chickenspew

nice tank!! i would name the Pleco "Leo" like Leo the lion b/c he reminds me of a lion *shrug* not sure why

Tara
Andy-Chinchilla
Jaws & Chomper-Firebellied Toads Senor-Tiger Salamander
Merlin-Crowntail Betta Harry Potter-Mystery Snail
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 01:35 PM
Adolescent Pup

sweet fish,lol

My pets!

1 dog ~ Rupert

2 Gpigs~dynimight,Princess

2 hamsters~Chewy,J.J

2 newts ~Suzy,Charm

One tank full of fish
1 platy
2 goldfish
4 fancy guppies
3 delta guppies
3 baby guppies
3 shrimp
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 03:33 PM
Part of the Pack

love your tank and your fish are beautiful

12 bunnies Nanna, Frank, Charlie, Meme, Thumper, Brenda, Fuz, Fezza, Snow, Clyde, Storm, Chip.

3 dogs, Zeus, Jazy, E-Wok.

Lots and Lots of fish.

Angel my Daughter.

Lucas My Partner.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 03:42 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Pretty fish! I don't have any name suggestions, sorry. And definately don't get a Red Tail Shark....those guys get biiiig. I don't think the filter would be able to handle anymore fishies, anyways, since your tank is already a bit over-stocked. Make sure to keep up on water changes though I'm sure ya know that ^_^. It's just something people tend to overlook.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

there really arent That many fish. I have enough bottom feeders. and i want one more to stay in the middle.
ive had red-tails before. and they have never been a problem for me. and i plan on getting a bigger tank anyway...

i do my research! =) but thanks!

i went and got one neon today since the one died. and hes fitting right in. =)
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 11:58 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik8806
there really arent That many fish. I have enough bottom feeders. and i want one more to stay in the middle.
ive had red-tails before. and they have never been a problem for me. and i plan on getting a bigger tank anyway...

i do my research! =) but thanks!

i went and got one neon today since the one died. and hes fitting right in. =)
It's actually not about the amount/size of the fish but rather how much waste they produce. Bottom-dwellers tend to be messy, lol.

But if you are looking into getting a big tank then that's not such a big deal.

Neons are cute...I have some too .

I only told ya that because sooo many people buy the "Sharks" without realizing they can get fairly large and need at least a 55-gallon. They are very active and are happiest when they have tons of room .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 12:18 AM
Newborn Pup

What gorgeous fish!!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Newborn Pup

Omigosh! My favorite show when I was like, reaaaally little was Telitubies! I never watch it anymore, of course. ^-^
Your fish are real cute! I used to own a ton of fish with my 'big' sister, Michaela.
-------------
My pets~
Bobbio (Cute little dwarf hammie)
Sammy (My energetic golden retriever)
Winni (My fat old guinea pig)
I LOOOOVE all my pets. Here are some that went to Heaven~
Muffin (My rabbit that died six days after I got her. Miss you, Muffin!)
Caspian (Caz was my hamster that always set us off in giggles whenever he did his funky-fresh-moves)

Tags
bigger tank, male betta, neon tetras