New tropical tank coming ( Maybe ) - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
Paw Talk's prodicle son .

= ^ _ ^ =

Yes it will look nice once it's a ll done out and fitted, the bottom brown layer is the aquarium soil that the water plants willeventualy root themselves into , the gravel is just my landscaping effort but with a few glass beads thrown in.

* Bad visions of an oscar breathing in a shoal of Tetra's *

oops !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* sings *

He's in the Jailhouse now , he's in the Jailhouse now , well I told him once or twice .

To stop chewing wood and Pooping nice , he's in the jailhouse now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 08:27 PM
RAT ADDICT

Dawna...oscars and tetras don't mix.The oscars will eat the tetras.Oscars are very aggressive fish and will even attack their own species sometimes.They get really big and need a fair bit of room.I miss mine!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 03:25 AM
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Rat
Dawna...oscars and tetras don't mix.The oscars will eat the tetras.Oscars are very aggressive fish and will even attack their own species sometimes.They get really big and need a fair bit of room.I miss mine!
^^ Yeah I know about that, they would not last a day with Oscars so I am just getting Gourami's. That was in the post,
Quote:
...or maybe I should get 1-2 Oscar's...but they would not get along with my Tetra's thou!!
IF I did not have Tetra's I 'could' get one as my tank is huge. NOT as big as PU huge tank!! I would give my SOUL for that tank (LOL). I think I only met your Oscar once!! Cute he was!!

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 04:49 PM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeishaGirl
I think I only met your Oscar once!! Cute he was!!
My oscar was awesome...he knew ME and would usually hide if my sisters or mom came in the room...or he would stay at the back of the tank.He would eat from my hand and enjoyed his petted.He was greyt!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

= ^ _ ^ =

Well the water in my new tank has cleared up nicely now and I just added some Sera Nitrivec.

It has all the bacteria in to start the in tank bio cycle thingy me bob , if you know what I mean.

I'm wondering would it be better to put my water plants in the tank before hand , this way I can devote time to not messing up my gravel trying to avoid fish , also it would be rather stressfull if I started swinging me arm in the tank later if the fish went in first.

If the filtration system that is provided with the tank does'nt perform like it should , I have an EHEIM Aquaball 2210 internal filter I can put in there , I use one in my Coldwater tank and my water has always been crystal clear.

= ^ _ ^ =

* sings *

He's in the Jailhouse now , he's in the Jailhouse now , well I told him once or twice .

post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-23-2006, 12:59 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toky-Ohki
= ^ _ ^ =

Well the water in my new tank has cleared up nicely now and I just added some Sera Nitrivec.

It has all the bacteria in to start the in tank bio cycle thingy me bob , if you know what I mean.

I'm wondering would it be better to put my water plants in the tank before hand , this way I can devote time to not messing up my gravel trying to avoid fish , also it would be rather stressfull if I started swinging me arm in the tank later if the fish went in first.

If the filtration system that is provided with the tank does'nt perform like it should , I have an EHEIM Aquaball 2210 internal filter I can put in there , I use one in my Coldwater tank and my water has always been crystal clear.

= ^ _ ^ =
Yup, I would put the plants in first. Much easier that way.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-23-2006, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

= ^ _ ^ =

Gotcha !!

* sings *

Tags
bigger tank, romaine lettuce