OH NO... what on earth is happening to my fish :( - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 03:07 AM Thread Starter

OH NO... what on earth is happening to my fish :(

Now my goldfish is not to well... i know, i know.... she has been living in the tank with the tropicals for the last 4 months and i gues it is to be expected she wouldnt live as long but she was absolutely fine this morning, swimming around like a nutcase as she usually does... now, she is just sitting in the bottom of the tank, all sad and not right i fed them some brine shrimp earlier, could that have upset her??? she is sooooo my love . REASON for having her with the tropicals? her tank was broken when someone threw something at me and it hit the tank, it smashed and i had to quickly put her in the tropical tank, she seemed to take to it and i just left her there, she seemed happy... she has been eating tropical food though, most of the time, could that have made her ill, to much something or other in it??? bugger, another fish , this is making me paranoid. Water temp is good, ph levels are good.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 12:25 PM

Sorry to reply so late, but i just noticed this post. Did you say you have a goldfish in a tropical tank? Goldfish are a coldwater fish. Sure they can withstand the higher temps for awhile, but in the long run it will shorten their life span. The oxygen content is probably too low in the warmer temps for your gold fish. Is it breathing rapidly or at the surface for air?

Tags
brine shrimp, gold fish