Pics of Cappy - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

Pics of Cappy

As promised...here are pictures of the new addition Cappy

Keep in mind that the tank he is in is temporary only...its 2 gallons...but we want bigger for him...

At the pet store he was in a tiny little bowl with no rocks or anything...he could abrely move...as soon as possible he will have a 10 gallon all to himself

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 06:53 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Congrats on the new addition! He's very cute .

You really don't need gravel in a temporary 2-gallon...I would just remove it to make water changes easier and give him some more room .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Oily Chickenspew

aww! i love Cappy! cute cute!!

Tara
Andy-Chinchilla
Jaws & Chomper-Firebellied Toads Senor-Tiger Salamander
Merlin-Crowntail Betta Harry Potter-Mystery Snail
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

we put the gravel to go on top of the filter under there...I thought you had to have gravel on it...we have already picked out the tank for him...its alot like my new Beta tank...I figure since hes the only fish init that 10 gallons should be plenty...

He is such a goofy little guy...when Ashley walks into the room he swims to the side of the glass she is on lol and he will go in fast circles when she feeds him...shes in love with him

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Newborn Pup

Awwww....he has a cute little red hat and everything! That's great that you took him out of those terrible condidtions. Congrats on the new fellow!

I love all my little darlings!

- Smokey! Male, 4 yrs.

- Grunge! Female, 2 yrs.

- Chip! Male, 2 yrs.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

Thank you...

Oh and we got him a new tank already lol...its a 10 gallon with a heater and everything...we bought one of the bundle tanks at our local small pet store (amazing place, I love it so much, owned by the same man since I was a kid and he loves all of the animals there) He gave us a wonderful deal so this weekend Cappy will be moved into his new home...and Ashley is considering getting him a new friend lol...

We got Cappy at PetSmart...they had us so mad...see we went there looking for a tank for the bettas because its so close...but after listening to them tell people its ok to put bettas togather and selling sick fish, and poor lonely cappy in a tiny bowl...we left and made the long drive to Whities Pet Store...so if all goes well maybe in a week I will let Ashley get Cappy a new friend...

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 11:07 PM

Too cute! Looks happy now . . . Happy Cappy! oooh, I made myself giggle! hee hee.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

lol yup he is a Happy Cappy

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 12:27 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDancer View Post
Thank you...

Oh and we got him a new tank already lol...its a 10 gallon with a heater and everything...we bought one of the bundle tanks at our local small pet store (amazing place, I love it so much, owned by the same man since I was a kid and he loves all of the animals there) He gave us a wonderful deal so this weekend Cappy will be moved into his new home...and Ashley is considering getting him a new friend lol...

We got Cappy at PetSmart...they had us so mad...see we went there looking for a tank for the bettas because its so close...but after listening to them tell people its ok to put bettas togather and selling sick fish, and poor lonely cappy in a tiny bowl...we left and made the long drive to Whities Pet Store...so if all goes well maybe in a week I will let Ashley get Cappy a new friend...
That's great, can't wait to see pics of his new tank! You don't need the heater since goldfish are coldwater.

If you get him a friend you'll need a larger tank. The bare minimum for fancies is ten gallons per goldfish and most people go by twenty gallons for the first plus ten for each additional fish. They're really messy and need good filtration. They get decent-sized, too.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 12:34 AM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

it has a great filter...it was alot of money lol...it came with a filter but Ken thought we should pay for the better filter now instead of later.

If we got him an algea eater would we still have to go up in size? Or would it not be a good idea...we were thinking of getting 1 or 2 algea eaters or something...we are unsure yet and we do not want to over crowd it or anything

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 12:47 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDancer View Post
it has a great filter...it was alot of money lol...it came with a filter but Ken thought we should pay for the better filter now instead of later.

If we got him an algea eater would we still have to go up in size? Or would it not be a good idea...we were thinking of getting 1 or 2 algea eaters or something...we are unsure yet and we do not want to over crowd it or anything
I would not recommend any algae eaters as they are all either tropical, aggressive, and/or get too large for a 10-gallon.

Goldfish are kind of hard to house with other species but one animal does come to mind. An Apple Snail. Provided that the tank doesn't get really cold, you could probably have one with Cappy . They eat algae, too! (although apple snails should be supplemented with other foods)

There's also the Hillstream Loach but I don't see those for sale much =/.

The problem is that the tank is fully stocked with the goldfish so it's going to be hard to add any more animals.

~Stephanie

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 12:57 AM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

ok thank you

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

Tags
algae eater, pet store