Pics of my aquatics! *Mr Squishy Man Pics Included!* - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Aquatic Discussion Talk about your aquariums or ponds and their occupants here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-06-2007, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Smile Pics of my aquatics! *Mr Squishy Man Pics Included!*

I thought I should introduce my fishy and froggie friends:

Heres Angel. Ive had her 2 1/2 years.

Heres Freida.

When I was switching tanks around, Ocean Devotion baby sat my fishies for me and they all lived together during that time (over a month) so I thought I would try to put Freida in w/ Angel and the danios to see how it works out, cuz she cant be with Squishy. Here are the reunited buddies!

And now... What youve all been waiting for... Mr Squishy Man!!

I just got done feeeding him- theyre such little piggies! I fed him with a syringe and he stuffed the whole end in his mouth and grabed whatever bloodworms escaped him with his little hands and shoved them in there too! So far Ive learned 3 things about him: 1. Hes furocious 2. Hes Squishy 3. He LOVES belly rubs! Hes such an awesome little frog!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator

aww Mr Squishy is cute and your fishies are very pretty.

It's so funny when the froggies eat! They're such little pigs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 06:42 AM
Hello Earthling

cute fishies....and frog very cute and I love the name!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Thanks! Squishy is really really active and really really vocal too! He was croaking all night Lol!

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 08:02 PM

Awesome pictures. What kind of frog is Mr. Squishy Man? Is that really his color?
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

I hope she doesn't mind me answering for her!

He's an african clawed frog, and he's an albino one - so yeah, that's his color My picture of Kibwe in my signature is a normal colored african clawed.

post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 09:21 PM

Wow! That is awesome. We have some dwarf frogs that live in our aquariums and then some other frogs that live in a terrarium that we just LOVE! The dwarf frogs are so small and have been so hard to keep with fish that I am re-thinking my son's aquarium. I am so in love with our terrium frogs that I am thinking of getting a larger frog for his aquarium that is super colored like this one she showed. Are they hard to keep? What do they eat? Do they live under water or do they need land also? I didn't look at her picture that close. Fill me in if you can. I would like to go shopping and surprise him this week. Thanks for the info. in advance!
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

They're not that much harder then fish are to keep, but they can be messy eaters so usually you have to clean the tank more often with them then you would with fish. They live completly in the water, but you have to be careful because if they can they will escape from the tank and since they are fully aquatic, they can die if out of water for to long.

But if there are other fish in your son's tank, then don't put an african clawed frog in there because they looooove to eat and will eat all the other fish/dwarf frogs if they catch them. I would only ever keep a clawed frog in a tank on it's own, or with other clawed frogs that are the same size.

post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 10:24 AM
Will It Ever Change?

awww great pics!! i love your frog, they're my fave critter, im jealous jk

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 12:25 PM

Thank you so much for the information! I would have gotten one and put him in with the other little frog and AAAGGHHHH! Hee hee. NOT a good scene! We love our other frog. Looks like we might need another aquarium!
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Hehe they are pretty awesome arent they? Squishy recognizes me I think and eats out of my hand! I love him so much! Charlene, do you have pics of your froggie? Id like to see them if you do!

post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 12:40 AM

Cool kids
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 06:10 AM
RAT ADDICT

Greyt pics! Thanks for sharing!! I love the froggy! I had two and I miss them greytly.

Your making me want another.I loved my boys so much!!
Mr.Squishy Man is adorable.

Yours croaks! I am jealous! I had two males and they never croaked,at least not when I was around.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 12:41 PM

Jess Hi, well, I have a picture of a couple of my little frogs in my terrarium. They are my favorites right now. They came to us this summer in the most unusual way. We were at a nursery purchasing plants for our yard when I picked up a potted plant and out hopped this little guy that was no bigger than my little pinky fingernail!!! I picked him up and my son and I instantly fell in love with him. He was only 1/2 inch long in all. So small! Just a baby. We had wanted a frog for sometime, but hadn't seen one we wanted in the pet store, and I know we should have left him in the wild, but we really have pampered him so, he loves us right back now. He now has friends, thanks to our friends at the nursery and they are all sooooo happy in our terrarium. I have it planted with real plants, they are misted, watered and given crickets and never have to search for food. Can't beat that. So, for anyone who reads this and I know that there will be some who will scold me for taking in a wild froggie, pleeeeese, try to hold it in. I know better, but I am pampering these little guys to the hilt and I would never hurt a fly (maybe a poisonous - sp?) spider (squish!) but never an animal and I and my son love these little critters so much. And I can't tell you how much they bring me happiness. Anyway, on with the pictures. I have better ones, but with short notice, I wanted to show you "Ned". I will post better ones later. They are in my camera. Enjoy!

(I'm still thinking of surprising my son with a cool frog like Squishy Man - He's just Too Cool!)
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 12:51 PM

Squishy "Croaks"? I thought he lived under water!!!!! Tell me more, tell me more!!! Getting excited here. My little guys in the terrarium make 'croaking' sounds, it is so cool, it is like living out in the forest at night. Does Squishy need something to float on at the top of the aquarium so that he can come out and 'Ribbit at times? I can't wait for your response!!!

Last edited by MzKityLvsBrdsTo; 10-09-2007 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Added punctuation

Tags
african clawed, african clawed frog, african clawed frogs, african dwarf, clawed frog, clawed frogs, dwarf frogs, hermit crab, pet store, vanilla rat